Chapter Fifteen

Enjoy all my wonderful loves! ;)

_____

        It was exactly two months to the day until the Silver Moon would rise in the sky. And because of that very reason, I had avoided all contact with anything living and breathing for the past three weeks. My body constantly was covered in feverish shivers, my mind clouded with confusion, and a yearning in my lower stomach that was starting to grow like a wildfire was starting to consume my every thought. No matter how hard I seemed to be fighting the urges, feelings, thoughts... they seemed to be lurking right around the corner, just waiting for a moment of weakness. Leaning over the balcony of my chambers, I let my hair spill over the edge, blocking my view from everything. The music had once again started, and I was finding it rather difficult to not focus on that either.

        Constant humming, songs of peace and prosperity lingered on the horizon, but I was still stuck in the darkness of night. Closing my eyes one more, I felt the cool touch of the coral and marble against my bare skin, the thin fabric of the tunic I wore not giving much protection to the bite. But, I didn't mind. I embraced the shocking feel of the cold, extinguishing the flames that rolled in my belly once more. It was the early hours of the time of sleep, the night seeming to be darker around these hours than before. Truly, the world was filled with color around me, and the constant sound of the Oracles swimming and speaking in the distance kept me company, but I had never felt so alone. All these years, I had been forced to touch, feel, make love... and all I had wanted to do was scream and kill, remove the cursed hands from my body.

        So why now, when I was more trapped than I had ever been, was I craving the touch of someone that I should truly hate?!

       "You're a damned fool..." I growled towards myself, feeling myself fall back onto the balcony. My back made contact with the floor, my legs and arms spread out beside me, and my hair a sheets that surrounded me. But, all I could think about was that damned heat inside me. I felt like I was ready to combust at any moment, burst like the mouth of a volcano which had awakened from its slumber. Shutting my eyes, I let out a frustrated sigh, taking the heels of my palms, and pressing them into my eyes, I was able to see swirls of different colors in a sea of eternal blackness. How pitiful that even when I closed my eyes, it still seemed that I was in this beautiful, cursed, and blissful kingdom.

      I lay there hours, days, weeks even, just pressing into my eyes further, the sensation of the pressure causing the eyes of my mind to look elsewhere for the first time in three weeks, instead of my needing core. How foolish to think that I could ever outrun this man... his curiosity of me even.

     Shaking my head, I simply released the pressure and allowed the swirling of blues and red to turn to that of a soft purple and yellow, all before disappearing in a soft decent into the blackness once again. The dancing had stopped, the colors were gone, and I was once again alone.

____

        Three more days had passed, and I have seemed to become more popular than I was before. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times when there would be a knock at my door. I felt a constant headache pound against my skull, so I simply slept, laying in the bed that sat on the air, softly causing it to sway whenever I changed positions. Yet, as I lay there quiet and restless, the moisture between my legs constant, I stayed quiet, still and silent, praying they would leave me be. And so, after hours and days of going through the motions of sleep, waking to find food and drink, eating, relieving myself, and then sleep once again. I moved from balcony, to bed, to hammock, to bed once again. It just seemed that I was in a constant loop, surpassing my instinct to just hunt down his chambers and let him have his way with me until the bed had broke.