Chapter Twelve

I'm completely blown away with all of the positive feedback from you all! It's amazing to see how captivated in the story that you all can get. Just makes me so happy to know that you all are loving this almost as much as I am! Makes my day! :) Also, I know it's short... but the next few chapters are gonna be keeping you on your toes. And, you all deserved an update. So, here we go!

     Enjoy my loves!

_____

        I sat on the cool stone of the healing pool, watching as the crystal blue water bubbled under me. My tunic had been risen so it would not become wet, but my feet and calves had been placed into the calming water. The room was silent, except for the sounds of the bubbling water, and the pattering of Kratos' feet as he moved around, getting cloth and a knife. I didn't understand why he was so concerned for my well being when it came to a simple cut. Did he not remember that my body was covered in scars from burns and cuts that had much more fatal than a simple slit in the palm of my hand? Yet, as much as I wanted to hate the way that he warmed my heart, I felt a sense of joy knowing that he had taken the chance to help me.

         He was the only one that wanted to help me, however. Perhaps Maketis was too lost in his rage to not realize my wound? No, that wouldn't be possible. Eenack warriors are taught to keep our emotions under control at all times. Yet, he seemed to have lost his temper in a way that I had not seen before. There were so many questions that I wanted to know, and Maketis had the answers. Though, it would seem that I would not be getting them for a little while. Kratos was taking his time as he cut pieces of cloth, wrapping them around my wounded palm, only to rise and repeat the process.

       "The bleeding will not stop because of the cloth." I said finally, watching as he stood for the fifth time, going and retrieving another piece of cloth, cutting it carefully. Tilting my head to the side, I watched as his fingers fumbled with the blade, almost dropping it to the stone floor. Taking a breath, I felt the corners of my lips curl up slightly at his clumsiness. It seems he wouldn't be much of a challenge when I slit his throat. Did I really wish to kill him though?

        He tried to keep me from my life mate!

         My anger had subsided however, as I sat and watched him try to do a task that he clearly had never done before. Why was he taking the time to do something that was clearly foreign to him? Perhaps... perhaps he did care more than I realized.

       Or perhaps this is all a façade to keep me astray from the anger that bubbled deep inside me? Either way, he was amusing... fumbling with cloth and blades, cursing in common tongue as he cut his index finger.

       "Kratos," I said a few minutes later, watching as he concentrated carefully on the cloth, wrapping it around the wound, practically glaring at it. I bit back a laugh, seeing his anger once the wound started to bleed through the cloth once more. He cursed to the gods once again, going to stand up. I simply placed my hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at me. "Will you listen to me, now?" I asked, tilting my head to side, watching as he took a shagged breath.

       "I do not know how to clean wounds properly." He finally admitted, grumbling slightly to himself. The edges of my lips curled up in a smile once again, causing his eyes to grow wide with shock. I watched for a heartbeat of a moment as his lips curled up slightly as well. "You find my inexperience amusing, Vixas?" he asked, his voice slightly husky, but light with joy and laughter. I found myself smiling slightly more. For now, my anger was subsided. He seemed to be distracting me far more than I had ever intended. But, it was good for the time being. It would help me stay calm and focus, allowing me to keep my head level when I asked Maketis questions that had been needing answers for four cycles now.