Chapter Six

Thanks for being patient with me while I've been away my loves! Time to get this book back on track! I'll try to update again in about five days to a week. Get this on a regular schedule! :)

And... Wattpad fixed itself to where it's now back to how it used to be for writing updates. That means I'm happy and things can go back to being smooth! Yay for that.

Enjoy my loves!

_____

         We dismounted the beast, Kratos placing his hands on my hips to help me gently off of it. Placing my fingers on his shoulders, I allowed the assistance because my body was still shaking from the blood rushing in my veins, a natural high taking over me. There was a slight smile on the curve of my lips, and it took all my strength to not allow him to see the enjoyment that I had taken from the ride. It was... something that I had never experienced before. Back at Mother Tree, I would always climb to the top as I was resting from the teachings, and I was able to see all the Kingdoms below and around us. Even then, when I would feel the blood rushing and the joy wash over me, it compared nothing to flying in the clouds. I was still in a state of shock that there was an entire kingdom laying under the surface of the water, all guarded by the large statues around the edge. It was unlike anything that I had ever imagined it to be. How was this world possible?

        Kratos sat me gently onto the cobbled stoned pathway, the gates of the palace opening before us, made of a pearl like material that glistened in the multi-colored light of the sea. I was not used to the pinks and greens in the light, everything receiving a different glow to them, almost like a magical spell. The gates rolled upwards inside of the castle, and I was met with the sweet scent of lavender and mint. That was not a combination of herbs and flowers that I would ever have thought to mix well. But, with the calming scent of the flowers slightly overpowered by the awakening mint, it seemed to help dull my senses and calm my frantic heartbeat.

       Looking around me, I seemed to seep away from the world that I had once known, and slowly went under the spell of this Kingdom. Looking down at my feet, I watched as the sand slightly shifted under my foreign weight, the world seeming to add a few pounds to me from the depth under the waves. We had heard about this kingdom in the teachings, but never had an Eenack Warrior gone to look at it first hand. We could only go by that of what the scrolls told, speaking of how coral like structure littered the streets and alleyways and the grand towers and outer walls of the palace. But, even as I looked up at the large structure that was opened before me, it was putting the wonderful description to shame.

         "Come, I'll give you a tour of the grounds and castle, than I shall show you your room. It's getting close to the late hours of the night, and dinner will be served in a little while. After you are washed up." He said with a small nod of his head. I didn't speak, only allowed myself to relax, knowing that I would finally have some distance from this man. So much had happened over the past few days. How could I have gone from wishing to kill myself and end this torture, to wanting to make Kratos suffer as I have in his final hour? What kind of monster have I become? And why do I not care that I have these feelings?

          Jasper flew into the air, seeming to have a destination in mind as he went over the gates to a large balcony at the top of the castle, close to the edge of what sounded to be like a bubbling spring meeting the rushing water of a waterfall. Could it be that they have such a thing in this bubble of society? Kratos took my elbow in his hand, bringing my closer to his side as we started to move forward. I didn't protest this once, knowing that my time away from him was my reward for 'good behavior'. Perhaps if I just seemed to be getting along with him on the surface, he would think me trust worthy, and I would be able to leave the city? Only time -it seemed- would tell.