Chapter Seventeen

Thank you once again for being patient with me while I have been waiting for inspiration for this next chapter! I can't believe I'm saying it, but it seems that this book is getting close to the end, and it breaks my heart, but at the same time gives me immense joy! This book will end after chapter nineteen, along with an Epilogue. But, all things must come to an end, and I feel as if this story is going in that direction. I just don't want to stretch it out any further than it needs to be, otherwise it just won't feel right. But, with that being said, thank you for staying beside me and supporting my work here on Wattpad. I love you all for it!

Enjoy loves! :)

_______

       The world around me seemed to fade away as I walked down the street, side by side with Kratos. A smile seemed to be permanently embedded onto my lips, and a skip filled my step. Something inside me fluttered as we came closer to the entrance and exit of the kingdom. The first time that I had ever left the bubble of this large, yet small, kingdom... it had been from anger and wishing to get away from anything that reminded me of this man. And yet, the past several hours, days even, had seemed to change my perspective completely. We were so different, seeing things in completely different light, but yet we had found common ground. And because of that, there was a sense of joy in my heart that I had never felt before. Nothing compared to how I felt in this moment, for nothing came close. From the moment that I finished my teachings, to the moment that I received to first scar after killing my first beast, they all seemed dull in color and excitement.

         But yet, here we walked, woman and man, with no words said, but only one destination in mind. And I was perfectly comfortable with this. Kratos had somehow taken my negative view on the way that I had seen him, and changed it into a bright and colorful joy that only he seemed to be able to give me. It terrified me in a way, but at the same moment I was overjoyed with this need to stay close. It was as if something was pulling me towards him, wrapping us together, and never allowing us to leave the others side. He made me happy, truly happy.

         When was the last time that someone had done that?

         "You are much more quiet than I had imagined that you would be." Kratos said as he looked down at me, an amused smirk on his lips as he watched me. I rose a brow at him, finding my lips curve into my own secret smile. I turned my face away from him, allowing my hair to cover me from his gaze.

         "Did you think that I would be screaming like that of a banshee?" I asked with a slight laugh caught in my throat.

           A slight chuckle left his lips at my words.

          "Under the current circumstances? No. We are in public, after all." My eyes grew wide as a blush started to creep onto my cheeks. How dare he!

          I stopped in my tracks, in the middle of the cobble stoned pathway. Bodies who were moving around seemed to form a pathway around us, like ants when they meet a stone in their pathway. They simply walked past, bustling about as if nothing had stopped them. I had never seen anything like it. Looking up at Kratos, my brow rose as he looked down at me with a daring grin. He did dare. What has made him become so playful?

         "I've surprised you?" He asked as he offered me his arm, still looking at me with that... alluring gaze. Blinking once, I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, and the pounding of the blood that rushed in my ears. He wished to be playful? Then two shall play at this game.

         "No. You're quite predictable." Kratos rose a brow as I silently laughed at him. Placing my hand around his arm, we walked once again down the path, the stone statues growing larger with every step. What were their purpose in this world? How were they able to move before, when we were young, yet now they stood still, unmoving, lifeless? "Now, if you had taken me then? Perhaps I would have been surprised."