Epilogue

Thank you for all the amazing support for this book series, especially this book! I love how involved everyone became with the story, and how you had your own theories! It means the world to me that you enjoy my work enough to read my silly little stories. I love you all very much.

As far as why I have chosen the song above, it comes down to simply the meaning of it: asking for help out of depression and hard times. Or muddy water. One can struggle with the world around them, and sometimes it's hard to keep your head above water. But, if you let someone in to help you, love you, the world can change. The muddy water becomes clear, and things can start to look brighter.

Enjoy loves :)

______

Five Years Later

         The sun was high in the sky, the wind causing the leaves and grass to dance, and the sweat from the heat of the day was causing my body to be drenched in sweat. The days had went from blurring together, to being so defined and sharp that I could cut myself. We stood at the base of Mother Tree, her limbs growing and stretching to the sky, rejoicing as we all were. The branch had been planted in her ashes, and now, after so many cycles, it was almost time for her awakening. Smiling, I stepped back before raising the axe in the air, bringing it down quickly, cutting the logs once again. My time in Marinas had taught me several things, and a large portion of that was the structures of the buildings.

      For five cycles, I had been showing my people the ways of how they would cook their food, how they would walk, show them how they used the limited land to their advantage. It was difficult at first, trying to teach my people that perhaps our ways were growing old and tired, and it was time to place some of them to rest. There were more of us now then when I had found them at the base of a distant mountain, a land that was not claimed by anyone but my people. Now, we used that land, and with only half a days ride towards it, we could separate the work load between the men and women. I stood with Mother Tree, taking care of my people like I had seen my Father do so effortlessly.

          The children ran around, some rushing to carrying the freshly cut logs to the fire, while some that were still too young ran and played, chasing and laughing around my legs. Smiling, I stood, placing the old axe down on the head of the cutting boulder. Sweat ran in small rivers down my spin, soaking the thin cloth that covered my chest, binding it close to my body, while the leather trousers flowed around me, catching the soft breeze, allowing it to cool off my heated skin.

       The land had changed over the cycles, the tress that were under our home had grown, reaching to where we could walk onto the branches, not having to use the vines to climb up. Now, the elders would use the trees as a way of making the journey between the mountains easier, giving more time for the travel. Mother Tree had grown, having once been turned to ash.

         Memories flooded my mind at the sight of her tall and wide trunk turned to black ash. She stood tall even then, holding herself under the lightened weight. But, once my Father's branch had been returned, it was like the world had awoken from a deep slumber. The days were no longer gloomy, but shaded under her healed oak and limbs. Placing my hand on the large root that ran by my side, I looked at how it curved and bent with the land. It moved over rocks, wrapped around trees, connecting all the islands together. She was our world, and now she was almost ready to awaken completely.

        Our home would never be the same, and neither would any of us after such a travesty. Yet, in a way, our lives had been purified by the flames. We had been burnt to the ground, my people killed and turned into ash. But now, we stood proud, rising from the ashes like a great Phoenix with our Mother.