Chapter Nine

Hello all my wonderful loves! I can't believe that it's been over a year since I have posted an update for this story! (I regret nothing from this pun... because I'm puny, dammit!)(Okay, that one I slightly regret... But, I digress.)  I'm sorry that it had been so long, I honestly didn't realize how long it had been. It kind of surprised me, if I'm honest. But, I'm back, and all is well. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed the beginning of the New Year! Let's make this one really special! :) Thank you again for being so patient for this update, it means more than you'll know. I honestly have the best readers, ever!!! Love you all. :)(:

Any way, I hope you are all well and I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

_____

       My feet carried me across the soft blades of grass as the distant sound of water lapping on the shore rushed into my ears. I was at peace, the deep navy sky calming me as I looked at the moons in the far distance. The night was cool, caressing my skin in a gentle touch as the wind blew around me, moving my hair around me in a whirlwind every few minutes. The small hills that I would walk over seemed to grow higher the closer I came to the shore, but I pushed forward. Taking slow breaths, I could finally see the beach as the Glass Sea came into view. I could smell the salt as it wafted into the air, and the soothing sound of crashing waves wrapped around me, mixing with the soft breeze that followed the crashing waves.

         Though I was covered in a simple plumb dress, I felt more insecure than I can possibly ever remember. But, no matter how unsure of this moment I felt, something kept calling me, bringing me closer towards the shore.

         But, even though I would take steps towards the water, something was always seeming to want to pull me back. The land wished for me to stay, growing and moving with my steps to create a wall that would keep me from the sea, from that feeling that kept pulling on my heart. It was as if my body had been wrapped in a rope that was being pulled forward, but I couldn't see it. What were the gods trying to show me? And who were they leading me to?

         Come to me, Vixas. Come.

         My eyes widened as the wind whispered to me, arms from the sea made of foam lifting from the water and offering me an upturned palm. But, as I placed my hand into the cool water, the ground under my feet would wrap around my legs, forcing me to stay above the water. But I wish to go towards it... I can't always fight my true feelings.

        Vixas... I could hear the hushed voice call out, echoing across the water as it came to my ears. I let out a breath of frustration as the hand of sea foam gripped my wrist tighter, but the ground only started to pull me down. I would not bow! I would not break! But, the voice, the urge, it was all so strong. I felt like I was swimming in confusion and thought. So many things filled my mind, voices screaming at me to choose. Land or sea. Land or Sea!

         Land. Or. Sea!

         Shaking my head, I closed my eyes tightly, trying to shut out the land and sea, the wind, the waves, the sand. And finally, after screaming as I ripped my hand away from the foam to cover my ears... all was quiet. And I was at peace.

          I felt joyful, so much so that I felt like I weighed nothing, that I was just floating on thin air.

          Taking a breath, I let out a sigh, but was met with the sound of bubbles swimming to the surface to burst. My eyes opened immediately as I looked around, panic starting to take over me. Water, as far as I could see, water surrounded me. There was no light, no sound, only water. As high as I could look it was above me, as well as below. A deep navy blue mixed with the soft green of sea foam, all mixed together in an ocean of nothingness. I shouldn't be able to breath, I probably couldn't.