Chapter Seven

I know it's short, but I was inspired by the song above. Libera - Ave Maria. It sounds like angels singing to me, and I thought this would be a sweet quick chapter for all of you loves. But anyway haha.

Enjoy all my loves! :) It's good to be back.

_____

I seemed to not have an appetite as the food was placed down in front of me. Steam rolled off of the freshly cooked meat, the sweet scent of ham and honey wafting into my nose, filling my mouth with saliva. But, though the sight of the perfectly cook beast legs and fresh fruit and vegetables were inviting, I just couldn't find myself to pick up my fork and knife -like I had been forced to after many supers with Yokeen- and allow myself to taste the sweet meat. I looked at the berries, seeing the different variety of grapes, berries, and beans that were cooked and plated in extreme elegance. It was like that of a painted picture, beautiful to the eye, inviting, but so elegant that you wished to not disturb it if only for a few more moments to look at it. My eyes looked back at the honey glaze that practically dripped from the steaming meat, and my stomach rumbled in a way that I wished I could vomit and throw up the bile in my stomach.

Kratos was already digging into his super, graceful moments of his fingers holding the golden utensils to help assist his eating habits. Every few bites, he would eat a berry or vegetable, chew, then follow with a sip of wine. It was strange to sit before someone who was accustomed to have such power, but was still under the essential needs of a being. Eating, drinking, sleep, the need to bath, run, speak, and breath. He was no different than I, the only thing causing him to seem more important was the blood that rushed through his veins; the very same veins that seemed to spider web across the flesh of his toned and tanned arms. I tore my gaze away from him only to look back down at my untouched meal.

"Are you finding yourself comfortable?" he asked a few moments later as I brought the cup up to my lips, taking a large drink of the sweet nectar inside, feeling the burn warm my chilled body. I could see him looking at me in the corner of my eyes, his dark and blue eyes watching my lips as it curled around the side of the large cup, only to see the apple in his throat bob before he turned back to his meal. I didn't answer, only stayed quiet as I looked down at the food, starting to see that it was growing cold, and quite quickly.

We stayed in silence as he continued to eat, though the feeling of anger was rolling off of him in large waves, perfuming the room with a dark sense of musk and danger. I could feel the air on my neck and arms stick up in a sign of warning and caution. Holding back a hiss to warn him off, I simply turned my eyes to look up at him.

"Did you not hear me?" he asked calmly, seeming to try to control himself as he reached for another bite of beast. I nodded my head at him, keeping my expression blank. I could see the corner of his lip twitch slightly from anger, and his grip tighten on the knife that he held in his left hand. "Then why do you not answer?" he spoke calmly, taking a slow breath.

I didn't answer, only look back down at my plate with hunger and disgust. I would feel the bile rise in my throat, and for the first time in years, all I wanted was to toss the food away at the wall and storm out of the room like an ill-mannered child. It was ridiculous, if I was being completely honest with myself. I don't answer because you are incapable of understanding the words that flow from my lips. You incompetent bastard.

But, even though the urge to hiss and throw a remark at him, my lips stayed sealed as I kept my expression blank. I could see the tips of his ears becoming a dark pink, the anger starting to be clear on his face. He truly does not understand the art of unfeeling. What a pity. A 'king' such as himself could benefit greatly from something so simple.