Chapter 16-Allie

I woke up to my alarm the next morning, groaning as I slammed my hand down on the snooze button. I buried my face in the pillow, sighing heavily. I did not want to go to work today. While I was having a mental battle with myself on whether or not to crawl out of bed, a pair of arms pulled me into a warm body, and a kiss was pressed to my cheek. Well, now I definitely didn't want to go to work.

"Don't leave," Patrick whined from behind me, burying his nose in the crook of my neck.

I rolled over in his arms, pressing my forehead to his. "I wish I could stay," I whispered, kissing him as he pulled me closer. I looked up at him as I broke the kiss, sighing. "I have to get up." Patrick groaned dramatically and rolled away from me onto his back. I laughed at him and slid out of bed, reaching to unplug my phone from its charger. "You can stay in bed if you want," I told him, "But you'll have to walk home. Or just stay here all day." I walked to my closet to find something decent to wear to work, listening to the sheets rustle as Patrick tried to get comfortable again.

"I'll go home eventually," he mumbled, sighing as he cuddled into a pillow and closed his eyes. "But you have to promise to come over after work."

I laughed as I pulled the shade down on the window, making it a little darker in the room for him. "Of course, 'Trick. I'll call you when I'm on my way later, okay?" He hummed a response, and I leaned down to kiss his cheek before I went to take a shower and get my breakfast. After dressing and doing my hair, walked back into my bedroom while I was munching on a granola bar to find Patrick already snoring again. I grabbed my laptop and notebooks and shoved them into my bag, after pulling a page from one of the notebooks. On it, I scribbled a quick message to Patrick.

Trick,

I hope you sleep well. There's food in the fridge if you want breakfast before you go, and I left some coffee in the pot for you. Don't forget to lock the door on your way out. I'll see you this afternoon. How does take-out sound for dinner?

I love you,

Allie

I set the note on the bedside table, beneath his phone, and quickly press a gentle kiss to his forehead. He didn't even stir, so I knew he was in a deep sleep again. I left him there and gathered my things for work.

I left quietly, locking the door behind me, and walked down to my car. Not halfway there, my phone rang. I quickly threw my things into the car and climbed in as I answered the call, not even looking to see who it was. "Hello?"

"Allie!"

I sighed and smiled, realizing it was Sara. "Hey, Sara. I'm on my way to work. What's up?"

"Just wanted to see how you were. Have you talked to Patrick anymore?"

I blushed, turning the wheel as I tucked the phone between my neck and shoulder. "Actually, I have some good news."

"Oh my gosh," Sara gasped, "I hope you're about to tell me what I think you're about to tell me."

"We're back together," I said, biting my lip in excitement just thinking about it. About him, my boyfriend, Patrick Stump. It was still hard to believe.

Sara squealed loud enough that I had to pull the phone away from my ear for a moment. "Allie! I'm so happy for you guys! Have you told Pete yet?!"

"No, and don't you dare tell him a thing! Patrick and I talked about it last night. We want to surprise him when we pick him up from the airport, since he was so adamant about us getting back together. And, since he kind of helped." I laughed, glancing out the passenger side window as I drove by Reckless Records.