Chapter 33 - Patrick

The wedding was in three days, and I was about to lose my mind. The guys were all in town and staying with us, of course, so the house was as hectic as it could be. Allie and Sara have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off for a week straight, just trying to make sure everything is in order. And what have I been doing? Not a damn thing. The girls won't let me interfere because they know I'll only get in the way, and I don't blame them. Andy insists on cleaning my house every chance he gets, Joe keeps paying for pizza every time Pete orders it, and Pete has vowed to make sure that no one goes hungry or completely sober before the end of the wedding. Therefore, I'm currently standing before a makeshift bar on my kitchen counter, trying to decide how best to drink myself into a coma before I go completely insane.

Pete noticed my dilemma and walked over to clap a hand on my shoulder. "I suggest...everything," he laughed, pouring himself another drink that he didn't need. I groaned and walked away, covering my face with my hands.

I was vaguely aware of Joe and Andy talking about my bachelor party in the living room as I walked by, but I didn't care. Was that tonight? Probably. I don't know anymore. I stalked my way to my bedroom with my hands still over my eyes and fell face first into the pillows, sighing heavily. I was startled when I felt a hand running through my hair and nearly jumped right out of the bed. When I looked up, I saw my fiancée staring at me curiously. "You're home?" I asked, genuinely perplexed to see her relaxing, with her laptop, in bed.

"I never left today, sweetheart," she giggled, patting the space next to her. I crawled onto the bed and sat beside her, dropping my head heavily onto her shoulder.

"This is stupid," I mumbled, eliciting another giggle from Allie. "No, seriously. Let's just elope and be done with it."

"Patrick," she whined playfully, dragging out my name as she shrugged my head off of her shoulder. "Come on, it's just a few more days. They're here because they love us and they want to take care of us and celebrate what we're about to do."

"I know," I sighed, leaning back against the headboard. "But why do they have to like us so much?"

Allie laughed and shut her laptop, pushing it to the side as she turned to face me. "Don't be so grumpy, Stump. You will survive, I promise."

"How do you know?" I teased, closing my eyes as I rubbed my temples.

"I know, because I'll be damned if I don't get to be Mrs. Stump for at least a day before one of us dies." I laughed at that and reached for her, making grabby hands until she settled onto my lap, straddling my legs.

"I guess I could survive a few more days," I mumbled, resting my hands on her hips as I smirked at her. Allie smiled and leaned down for a chaste kiss.

"Good. Besides, you need to at least pretend to be excited for your bachelor party tonight."

I sighed dramatically and let my head fall back against the headboard. "Holy smokes, that's tonight. Allie, why?"

"Because my bachelorette party was last week?" She laughed. Pete's girlfriend Megan, Joe's wife Marie, and Sara (who just so happened to be Andy's girlfriend now), all took Allie out the other night for her bachelorette party. They had a "girl's night out," and whatever that night consisted of, I couldn't tell you. I trusted Allie enough to not question it, but Sara had assured me there were no male strippers present.

"I don't wanna," I whined, kicking my legs like a little kid and slamming my hands down on the bed. Allie leaned forward and kissed the corner of my mouth, giggling at me as she slid off of my lap.