Chapter 26-Allie

Today was Patrick's birthday, and we had a day off from tour to do whatever we wanted on our way to the next venue. Pete had suggested stopping at a paintball arena, and Joe and Andy both seemed fairly excited about it. Patrick didn't care what we did, so long as we got off the bus, and even though I was nervous, I was on board. So, I was sitting beside Patrick on our way to play paintball, on the opposite side of the couch in the front lounge, with my feet on his lap. I was texting Andy, making sure the guys had wrapped Patrick's present for me, and Patrick was absently massaging my foot.

            It's all set, Allie. He's going to love it. When are you going to give it to him?

            I smiled at Andy's message and text him back, telling him that I would give it to Patrick after dinner tonight. I was still smiling at my phone when Patrick tickled my foot, making me pull it back and glare at him. "What are you smiling about?" He asked, gently pulling my foot back into his lap and running his hand up my leg.

            I looked back down at my phone, blushing. "Just talking to Andy," I told him.

            He cocked an eyebrow at me and smirked, but went back to massaging my feet. Pete wandered in and smiled at Patrick, then grabbed my legs and lifted them so he could sit between us. Just as Patrick started to protest, he wrapped his best friend in a bone-crushing hug. "Happy Birthday, Pattycakes!" He shouted, hysterically happy about it as he squeezed Patrick against him.

            Patrick groaned and rolled his eyes, but hugged Pete back anyways while I giggled at them. Pete suddenly turned his head pressed a wet, obnoxiously loud kiss on Patrick's cheek, making him scream and push Pete away. Pete laughed and let him go, but made no move to get off the couch, so I shook my head at them and stretched my legs out over both of their laps. We sat like that all the way to the paintball arena, the boys joking back and forth and I laying my head back against the arm of the couch.

            The moment we pulled into the parking lot, Pete pushed my legs off the couch and leapt to his feet to sprint outside, already whooping it up. Patrick sighed and held his hand out to me as he got up. I took it graciously, and he led me out of the bus. Joe and Andy were waiting with Pete, and Andy quickly ran over to pull me away from Patrick. "I want Allie on my team!" He shouted.

            Joe raised his hand, grinning at Pete and Patrick as he moved closer to Andy and me. "I second that movement," he joked, draping an arm around my shoulders. I looked to Patrick and shrugged, but he only smiled.

            "Alright," Pete laughed, "You three against me and birthday boy. Let's go!"

            We all made our way into the building to get our gear and prepare for battle. Once we were all suited up and had our guns ready, I followed Andy and Joe out to our side of the field.  While we got into position, Joe leaned down to me and set his hands on my shoulder to whisper in my ear. "Keep an eye out for Pete," he said, "He's kind of an asshole and he's really good at hiding. Patrick's less of a threat. No offence, but your boyfriend is too nice for his own good." He smiled at me as he quickly moved away to find his own hiding spot. I laughed at him and shook my head, crouching down behind a wall and already looking across the field for the other team.

            As soon as the game started, Pete was screaming taunts and laughs from his end of the field. I found him surprisingly easily, but only because he was already shooting at me. I ducked down and listened to the paint slapping against the wall in front of me, then nervously lifted my gun over my head to shoot blindly. I lobbed a few blind shots into the distance, only stopping when I heard a scream and the paintballs being shot at me stopped. I slowly peeked over the top of my wall, and saw my boyfriend standing there with three, colorful paint splatters across his chest. He looked up at me accusingly, and I grinned, Pete cracking up in the distance somewhere. I stood up a bit more and raised my hands innocently. "Sorry, babe," I called, and before Patrick could even react, Pete had popped out from behind him and was shooting at me again. He hit me right in the arm, and I fell back to my hiding spot to start shooting again, but before I could, I heard Patrick yelling.