Chapter 6 : What was left behind

Cassandra's P.O.V
"..."
I was stricken with shock,staring at the bodies swaying from left to right,with hands held together.Rebecca was on her knees,crying with her mouth covered,staring at the lifeless bodies of her best friends.
"Why...Why of all people did you both die...Why did you leave me...",Rebecca sobbed drastically.
Apparently, the lifeless bodies we found were Chloe and Farah's.It was horrible.Blood was dripping from their noses with pain and agony with mixed feelings showed on their faces.The sight of my two good friends hit me hard as I reminisced the fun and happy times we had together.It wasn't easy.It was a horrible sight.
Why did you do this to yourselves?
Why?
We heard your voices and a sign of hope relieved us.But all that hope had turned into Misery and Agony.
"Rebecca,Let's get going...".
Sarah's P.O.V
"Oh yeah,Have you seen my little sister,Almanda to?".
Those words rang through my head.
"Crap.How the hell can I tell her?
I was so selfish for my own life.How should I respond..."
I replied with a lie without hesitaion.
"I haven't seen her.".
"Oh umm okay.Let's stick together from now on okay and let's find the others!".
"ONWARDS MARCH!!!",blurted Anastasia.
I sort of laughed but the thought of Almanda's death just rang through my head endlessly.
I mean even though she died,I should just tell Alanis.But at the same time,I don't know how mad she will be.I can just tell her but I would be lying like that just to dodge the real truth.What should I do?
Truth or Lie?
"Anyway lets go and find the rest!!!".
"But Alanis,your sister is Top Priority right now.Let's find her first okay?"
"Yeah.Okay,Asia".
That's It.Im telling her.
"I know I have too at some point.",I mumbled to myself with an uneasy voice.
"Alanis."
"Yeah,Sarah?"
"I was with Alm...an...da...".
My words faded into a mumble.
"Whaaat?Could you repeat that?Your mumbling dude!"
"I WAS WITH ALMANDA!"
"Wait...You were?! If you were with her then where is she?",Alanis said taking out a bottle.
It had caramel scented beads.
Oh wait,I know what that is.It's the charm that Almanda gave her. I still remember Almanda giving it to her at the start of the culture festival.
This thought made me feel even worse.
Without hesitation, I opened my mouth and told the whole thing.
"Alanis.I let Almanda die.".
The bottle dropped from her hands and smashed into the floor.The caramel scented beads scattered along with the shattered glass.Her smile disappeared in an instant.Her mouth agape.She was paralyzed with shock. She slowly turned to look at me.
"What?".
She replied.
Alanis' P.O.V
"Alanis,I was with her and some spirit tried to kill us.We were both paralyzed at one spot and then...I wanted to save here but she just...died.I was selfish.I didn't want to die so I let Almanda die.
Im sorry,Alanis.".
"You let...her die?You let my sister die?!YOU MONSTER!HOW COULD YOU!?".
After that huge outburst filled with anger and hatred,I immediately dropped to my knees.
"HOW COULD YOU LET ALMANDA DIE?!YOU SICK BASTARD!!!YOUR HORRIBLE!!!".
"Almanda...I'm sorry...Im sorry for leaving you alone...It's all my fault...
I'm...so...sorry.".
I broke into a drastic scream.It echoed through the hallways.Anastasia walked forth and gave Sarah a tight slap on the face.
"We're not friends anymore.I'm done with your bullshit Sarah.".
Sarah bursted out with tears,soon running away without hesitation.I stood on my knees,crying my lungs out.How could she?Why?
"It's all my fault...I left Almanda alone...It's all my f-"
"Alanis,it isn't your fault.Don't worry okay? Almanda is in a better place now...".
"Anastasia...She's my younger sister...It's all my fault for leaving her alon-"
*SCREAMS*