Float On

The soft puffs of breath on my stomach told me she was still sleeping. I was lightly rubbing her back, trying to get ahold of reality, trying to rid the fog of the moon heat. I knew I had business to get done but my wolf's appetite for Ava grew as the moon neared. And normally, she can't stand even being in the same room as Ava.

A thought hit me square in the gut, had I imprinted with Ava? Eyes shooting open and I glanced down at the sleeping woman, not disturbed at all by my tensed muscles. I attempted to try and get out from under her.

Imprinting was entirely different from mates and blood-bonds, imprinting was mainly an Alpha thing. When the male Alpha's wanted to have kids, he would drink the blood of a lower rank female thus making her body tuned to his for a better chance at conceiving. But I have no idea what happens when a female Alpha does that with another female wolf. Does she just act the same when it's a male and female? I had no idea what was going to happen but I did know I had to stay away from her.

Sliding her arms off from around me, I scooted to the edge of the bed and gracefully fell the few inches to the ground with a dull thud. "Shit." Quickly peeking over the edge, I saw Ava had curled into a ball. Sighing with a thankful breath of air, I swiftly stood to my feet.

Taking a few steps towards her closet, I stopped. Turning to look at her, I groaned at the weird feeling to make her comfortable. I went back and pulled the thin black comforter over her.

God, I didn't like this feeling in the pit of stomach when I glanced at her.

Shaking my head as I made my way quickly to her closet, I thought of what I had to do that day. Since tomorrow was the full moon, I had to act quick. I would be out all night tomorrow, either in fur or skin. But I would be with Ava most likely.

Slipping on a blue sweater and a pair of dark leggings, I walked out to her open room and tried to make my hair look somewhat decent. Running my fingers through the tangled locks, I glanced over at Ava. Her sleeping form was relaxed and her face was one of bliss. Swallowing thickly I quickly yet almost clumsily made my way to the door.

Standing in the open doorway, I clenched my teeth as I felt I should leave a note for her. A groan of despair left me as I forced my legs to move into the dirty looking hallway.

I needed to get away from this.

-

Tapping of keys filled the silence as the songs switched on my playlist. The entire apartment was filled with piano melodies and soft singing, something that soothed me almost as good as coffee and tea. I was trying to get some business done before I went and tried to woo Tegan, the thought struck something in my wolf and I. She was giddy that we were going to spend time with her, but also sort of skeptical that anything would come of it.

I had decided that the next full moon, I would reveal myself to Tegan. Providing that I got her to be mine, and away from that woman Lindsey. It would be easy, seeing as Tegan and I had the mental bond already.

Clicking send and shutting the computer off, I stretched in the seat and took up my phone. I quickly dialed Tegan's cell, and held the device to my ear. A smile turned my lips as I became more relaxed. She answered on the third ring.

"Sara!" her raspy voice squealed with exuberance.

Chuckling lowly, I smiled wider. "Teeeegan, how are you?"

A series of giggling filled my ears, perking me up more. "I'm good, way better than the last time we spoke." She mumbled something under breath, I intentionally ignored it.

"That's great!" biting my lip out of sudden nervousness and anxiety, I swallowed the small lump in my throat, "Hey, I um wanted to know if you wanted to do lunch today? I-if you're not busy, that is." The words came out in a rush, my breath leaving me in the middle of it.