Breaking Out

Ignoring the weird buzzing feeling in my veins after Ava's text, I hurried down the sidewalk, subtly trying to find a trace of Tegan's scent. I glanced around at the people around me and noticed that most of them seemed oblivious to me, but they visibly avoided me. I was walking down the middle of the walkway, and the foot traffic was heavy around this time. But they didn't come near me at all, there was at least a foot of space around me.

Frowning slightly, I wondered if it was because I was angry. An Angry Alpha does have that sort of effect on humans, they know danger. But don't understand what it meant.

Shaking my head slightly at myself, I took another small sniff and her scent hit me like a wall. The warmth of it worked its way through my bones, heating my belly and making the tingly feeling in my blood go away. I opened the link between us and tried to hone in on her.

Everything turned red as I felt her pain. A horrible throbbing pain started in my left hip, almost bringing me to my knees.

"Tegan! Tegan! Where are you?!" Pressing a hand to my hip and almost barreling through the people just standing around me.

My breathing became labored as I continued to stumble my way toward her energy. I felt a lump in my throat and tears sting the back of my eyes. My body started aching with worry, the pain keeping in time with my erratic heartbeat. Tripping over my own feet, I frantically looked around now. The sun was almost setting, the people were dispersing now. Frustration started fueling me now, she was close but I couldn't see her.

'I honestly have no idea where I am and I had to fucking fall down the stairs.'

Air filled my lungs, the red dissipated from my vision, but the pain stayed very insistent in my hip area. I calmed my ragged breathing and slowed my stumbling jog to a hurried walk. She was still in pain and still needed me.

'Where is Sara? I swear to God it's been like a fucking hour since I called her. Stupid smartphone died.'

My body turned into a hidden alleyway, feeling her closer if we go this way, I sniffed around trying to pick up her scent even a little bit. Everything that invaded my senses was anything but her and my wolf discarded it right away. I let her take control of us finding her because it would be a lot faster if she does it than I. Even though everything about me is heightened it's still pretty dull compared to her, my wolf.

But since I got my blood-bond now, in my skin, my senses are doubled of what they are now. But it would only be so if I had actually made the bond with Tegan and not just the mental connection.

"Fucking shit stairs, what the hell am I doing here?" Tegan's voice flitted into my ears, she was a ways off but closer now.

"Tegan?" I yelled loudly, I heard shuffling and another string of curses. My ears perked at a door that was in front of me.

Reaching for the door handle, I heard a woman yelling in French at Tegan, telling her she shouldn't be back there and it was almost closing time. I abruptly opened the door and stared straight at the woman.

Tegan looked at me and a look of relief shifted her features, she glanced back at the woman and stuttered out an apology that fell on deaf ears because the woman was making a shooing motion at us as she continually yelled that this door was off limits to the public. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Tegan's arm.

Nodding at the lady as I pulled Tegan outside and closed the door smoothly. She looked at me and then up and down the alleyway. My eyes roamed over her face, noting the flushed look, the small bruise under her sharp jawline, and the small bead of sweat that trailed down her neck and into her shirt.