Meeting the Players

(Author's Note: Maka is in the Twin-World so everyone she talks to here is the OTHER them and visversa for Maka and the others.)

~Maka's P.O.V~

"You're awake," I hear a voice state as I begin to stir sometime later. I slowly open my eyes and realize I'm sleeping on a bed in a room I've never seen before. I slowly start to sit up to get a better view of the room, but Soul gets up from a chair and makes me lay back down, "no, stay in bed." Where are we?

I decide to do what Soul says because I'm not feeling too great right now. He tucks me back into bed and looks down at me worried."What happened," I ask rubbing my head and eyes, "where are we?" I thought I died, what is this?

Soul furrows his eyebrow as he moves my hand out of the way and presses his hand to my forehead, "you don't have a fever."

I move my head to the side to force him to move his hand, "what's wrong with you?" Soul is never this concerned about me. Well maybe he is but, this is weird. I mean, Soul doesn't have a clue about what to do if me or him gets sick. He's done this before, but he only got me anything I asked him to bring to me or do what said. He's trying to check my temperature now and making me stay in bed. What's wrong with him? It looks like he might actually know what he's doing. I untuck the blanket, even though his gesture is actually nice, I'm not a baby.

Soul looks at me confused, "I was going to ask you the same thing, but I was guessing it'd be pretty stupid, considering you said you felt sick this morning."

I raise my eyebrows at him confused, "what do you mean, I wasn't sick this morning."

He shrugs looking at me surprised, "I don't know, that's what you said this morning." Sick? This morning me and Soul had made plans to do something fun after the mission. I don't remember mentioning I felt sick, because I didn't. "Did you get new clothes," Soul asks pointing to my white jacket, "it's not what you were wearing earlier and you're not wearing any make-up." Soul points to me, "it looks good. This outfit is actually the most skin you've ever covered up."

I look at him annoyed, "are you calling me a slut?" What does he mean about? This is the most skin I've covered up?This is my normal outfit! Make-up, I've never worn make-up in my life. This is just like him, rude remark, compliment, and a rude remark again, that asshole.

He looks at me apologetically, "I didn't mean it like that." Sure, you didn't Soul. You always say something that might actually be a nice gesture, but then you have to follow it up with a snide remark that makes you seem like an asshole. I know you're really not. I've seen the real you, and I like him better, but all you want is a smug tough guy image.

I stop mentally talking crap about Soul and look at him, "where are we?"

Soul sighs,"well we're home. I was going to take you to the hospital, but you begged me not to." I don't remember that. I bite my lip and furrow my eyebrows. We where at Medusa's and I was dodging her vector arrows, after she separated me from Soul and everyone else. Then I don't remember what happened. He sits by me on the bed and sighs, "let me guess, you don't remember?" I look up at him and shake my head no. Soul rolls over on his stomach beside me, "Well from what Justin told me, you ditched him and got attacked or something."

"Who's that," I ask looking at him confused. Justin, who the hell is that? By Justin does he mean Justin Law? The Death Scythe? And why would I be with him and not Soul? This isn't adding up at all.

Soul turns to me slowly and stares at me with a questioning look, "you're kidding right?" I give a blank expression back. I don't know anyone named Justin, besides Death Scythe Justin, and why would I be hanging out with him? He sits up quickly, "you must've hit your head and got amnesia or something, you need to get that fixed A.S.A.P."