Switch: Clarity

-SOUL'S p.o.v-

So..... Maka doesn't have amnesia.... She's not from this world at all.... I watch her curiously as she stands up awkwardly staring at everyone. She's surprisingly taking this a lot better than I expected.... Normally if she's overwhelmed, she'll have a panic attack or a mental breakdown..... She's doesn't do well with change.....

Maka smiles at everyone, and I rub my head. It's not like I can expect her to act normally anymore.... I mean Maka is her...but isn't..... "I'm leaving now," Lord Death says as he turns and walks towards the exit.

Maka bows, "thank you, Lord Death." Respectable..... Everyone stares at Maka curiously. Her differences..... They all make sense now...

The dark blond haired lady looks at Crona smiling, "hi, honey."

"Hey Mom," Crona says waving to her and then waving to the black haired woman, "Aunt Arachne."

"Hello," the black haired woman says as she walks to Maka, "please sit down again." Maka nods and sits on the edge of the hospital bed and the black haired woman takes her temperature. "Everything is back to normal," she says smiling.

"Thanks, Arachne," Maka says sliding off the hospital bed, "you too, Medusa."

The blond dark haired woman smiles, "you know me?"

Crona looks at Maka curiously, "you know my mom and aunt?" I look at the two woman curiously, Crona has a mother?..... Living family?.... He never talks about them, so I kind of assumed they were deceased.... Guess not...

Maka laughs awkwardly, "yeah..... I don't know for sure....but in my world they're both witches...." She mutters something under her breath, but smiles. I know, I've never met Crona's mother or aunt...

Crona looks at Maka raising an eyebrow and Crona's mom and aunt smile. "Can we go home, Soul," Maka says walking towards me.

"Uh, sure...," I say watching her walk out of the I.C.U. She looks exactly the same..... Her personality is different...but she's the same.... Is it really true, that she's not from here?.... It's just so...surreal....

-TSUBAKI'S p.o.v-

"Maka," I say grabbing her by her shoulder. I don't know what kind of joke her and Lord Death are trying to pull, but it's not funny.

She turns to look at me with wide eyes, "yeah, Tsubaki?"

I squeeze her shoulder and glare at her, "oh, drop the act princess, you can't fool me. I'm still going to kick your ass!" I promised next time I saw her, we'd fight.

Maka sighs, "Tsubaki whatever problem you have with me, I'm not your world's Maka."

I push her into the wall, "I said drop the act!" I know that it can't be real. I can buy that she almost died. It's a pretty complex and well thought out prank, but her being from an entirely different world is a little too unbelievable.

Maka glares up at me, "Tsubaki, I will hurt you if you don't knock it the FUCK off," Maka spits shoving me off her. She finally did something back, I think smirking as I push her into the wall again.

Maka grits her teeth and punches me in the face. Oh hell no! I make a fist and rear back to hit her in the face. She elbows me in the stomach and drops kicks me in the face. I fall the ground holding myself, when did she learn actual hand to hand combat?....

"Tsubaki, I'm going to kick your ass," Maka says narrowing her eyes down at me, "like I FUCKING said, I'm not your world's Maka!" "I don't give a shit if you're one of my best friends back in my world, I'll kick your ass if you try that again," she says with a smile with a hint of annoyance and anger in her voice.

Black*Star looks at Maka apologetically, "I-I'm sorry Maka..."

Maka looks at Black*Star in shock. "What happened to you....," she asks sounding amazed as she walks to him.

Black*Star backs away, "w-what do you mean?..."

Maka smiles and hugs him. THAT LITTLE BITCH!!! I glare as I stand up again and I press my hand onto my stomach, he's my meister.

She grins and pulls away, "I think my world's Black*Star should be more like you." Black*Star blushes and slightly nods. He doesn't even.... Grr, I think gritting my teeth and clenching my fists as I watch aggravated. Why does everyone like Maka?!?? What's so perfect about her?!?!?

-CRONA'S p.o.v-

"Hey, Maka," I say walking behind her as I look down at her curiously, "so in your world, what am I like?" I don't think Lord Death would joke about something like this. Maka herself seems different..... I haven't actually seen her since I decided to ditch Death City...but she's definitely different.

She turns back to with wide eyes, "Crona?....." She pokes my cheek, and I stare down at her confused, "well to be honest you act like Black*Star is now." She grins at up at me, "it's so odd not having you hide behind my shadow and actually speaking to me."

I raise an eyebrow, "so I'm really shy and stuff?" I can't believe it, I'm not like that at all.

She hugs me abruptly, "we're best friends actually, back in my world." She peers up in my face, "what about here?"

I look down at her, well we're not that close....but we're not, not close either..... "We could be best friends here too," I say with a devilish grin. I like this Maka, she's more open and just all around more fun than normal Maka. She's more, I don't know, better?.....

Maka pulls away laughing, "you're so different."

I grin down at her, "you say that, like it's a bad thing." I actually want to meet the shy version of me.... So this will be like meeting Maka all over again. I grin as she turns looking at everyone else. She's SOOO different, but I personally like it.

-KID'S p.o.v-

So....earlier.... I kissed Maka.... But it wasn't actually Maka.... "I, uh, sorry about the hello kiss," I say awkwardly as I stand there looking at Maka apologetically. Normally that's how me and Maka greet each other......

We got sent on a mission in Paris, we thought it was cool, so we've greeted each other like that since..... Well usually it's a kiss on the cheek but....er..... I put my arm behind my head awkwardly, I have A LOT to apologize for...., ".....and about the letting you walk off on me earlier...."

Maka shakes her head, "it's fine, and I'm sorry, I wondered off...." She smiles, "I have a bad habit about getting myself into trouble like that."

She's so different..... Maka never admits she's wrong or apologizes. Sora smiles and looks at her, "so how am I in your world?"

She frowns, "I actually don't know a Sora from my world...." She smiles, "but I'm looking forward to meeting you once I get back home!"

So different..... She's nice....and seems almost sweet.... This really isn't the Maka I know..... Maka smiles at me, "Kid.... Your nonobsession over symmetry makes sense now."

"My what," I ask looking at her confused. What the hell is she talking about?....

Maka laughs, "well you.... I mean my world's you, has an O.C.D disorder were everything must be symmetrical and perfect." I look at her curiously, I'm not like that at all, I could careless about perfection. Actually if anything, I like everything to messy and different. I like being original and one of a kind rather than being all uniform and the same.

Maka laughs, "let me guess, you like everything a mess or different?"

I raise an eyebrow looking at her, "you could say that..."

She smiles and laugh, "great, I don't have to worry about you spazzing about the evenness of my pigtails."

I look at her and smile, from what she's saying, I sound like I don't know how to have fun...... "No, no, you don't," I say crossing my arms and smiling at her.

Maka gives me a teasing smile, "aw, really? I actually liked you doing my hair everyday."

Well, I'm not good with hair, but for Maka I could learn. I smile back at her, "well I guess, I could keep doing your hair. Wouldn't want you to feel homesick." I like this Maka, she's an entirely different Maka.

-JUSTIN'S p.o.v-

"What am I like," I say looking at her curiously as she smiles at Kid. If she already knows everyone, what am I like? I wonder if I'm still her meister.

She turns me and gasps, "Justin Law?!?" I nod, I hope that her surprisedness is a good thing...

She grins, "I know you, but we only met a few weeks ago..... What about here, how do you know 'me'?" She smiles at me, "you're a Death Scythe in my world."

I nod my head in approval, "I'm a Death Scythe here too, but in this world, I'm also your meister, you're a weapon too."

Maka bites her lip, "oh.... So I'm trying to become a Death Scythe in this world?...." Some how I don't think, this Maka likes that idea too much....

But that's all Maka ever talks about.... She's always saying she'll become a Death Scythe, so her father will finally notice her.... I wonder what this Maka's father-daughter relationship is like....

"Yeah....," I say watching her as she turns her attention back to Tsubaki. Tsubaki needs a fucking chill pill! Maka just fucking came back to life and she's trying to fight her, already!?!?! I mean, I know they're frienemies for life, but god damn, this isn't even our Maka!!!

"What's your problem with me," Maka questions as she narrows her eyes at Tsubaki.

Tsubaki huffs and crosses her arms, turning her head away from her, "you aren't the real Maka, so fuck off."

Maka laughs, and turns to Black*Star, "please tell her something before I beat her ass."

Black*Star nods, "Tsubaki, shut up." Wow, normally Maka would have started a full out smack talk war with Tsubaki.... I smile watching her, I could get used to this Maka. Not to mention, Maka actually just easily like beat the shit out of Tsubaki.

FINALLY, I think as I mentally laugh, Maka never hits Tsubaki. I don't really know why, but she won't.... She'll talk smack but she won't hit her... If Tsubaki hits her, she'll just block it. A smile creeps on my face as I think of Tsubaki's face when Maka literally punched her in the face.

I quietly chuckle, I could get used to this.

-PATTI'S p.o.v-

"Maka, are you alright," I ask looking at her as she starts to slightly sway. Soul catches her and let's her lean on him.

"I'm fine," she says with a smile, "just really exhausted." She does a double take at me and Liz. "Oh my god, Patti what happened," she questions looking at me with wide eyes.

I don't know what she means, but if she isn't feeling well, she should go home and rest. Today has been a LONG day..... She freaking died a few minutes ago.... Of course she's exhausted!!! "Maka, you should go home and rest," I say smiling, "we can all meet up tomorrow and talk some more."

Soul nods in agreement, "yeah, it's not like Maka is going anywhere." He puts his arm around her shoulder, "I'll make sure she doesn't." Maka looks at Soul confused and nods.

-ASURA'S p.o.v-

I smile looking at Maka and Soul, "we'll see you guys tomorrow then." Patti is right, we should let Maka go home and rest.

Maka looks at me and smiles, "yeah, see you Asura and Sora." She really isn't like our world's Maka at all. But I like her none the less.

-SOUL'S p.o.v-

"Crona, can you give me and Maka a ride home," I ask looking at everyone as they eye Maka curiously. I'm starting to get annoyed, Maka is Maka no matter what. She's just different, they're staring at her like she's a freak or something.

Crona nods and takes out his keys, "sure, Maka gets shotgun."

I narrow my eyes and laugh annoyed, "ahaha, no." I'm not letting any of them get close to Maka.

Maka looks up at me slightly smiling and laughs, "this all so weird." She such a ditz, she doesn't realize that practically everyone is hitting on her!!!

Raganarok looks at Maka curiously. Maka furrows her eyebrows, "you're Raganarok right?"

Raganarok nods and smiles, "yup, the one and only."

Maka nods and smiles, "I thought so." I pull Maka closer towards me as we begin to walk to the exit.

~Maka's P.O.V~

I follow Soul until we get to Crona's car. I climb into the backseat. Well Crona can drive here....

"Maka gets middle," Justin says as he climbs in right beside me. Raganarok climbs in on my other side. Uh, Soul?.....

Crona laughs, "guess that means, Soul gets shotgun."

I feel small and somewhat sexually intimidated right now, I think as grip the bottom of my hospital gown. I don't like this.... I sit in my seat refusing to look at either of them. I can feel a blush on my face. I hate dresses.... Or I hate being in between two guys and in a dress....

Justin pulls me beside him, "well, you're not as talkative as you were." I blush and don't say anything, Eh?!?! Why's Justin so grabby all of a sudden?

Raganarok pulls me to his side, "stop hogging her, she likes me better," he says with a smirk. I'm not used to seeing Raganarok look human, it's actually kind of weird but also kind of cool.....

I blush and pull away slightly from both of them, "Soul...." Please make them stop....

Soul turns around and glares while smiling, "if she says to stop, stop." He grins, "if I have to make you two, it won't be pretty."

I gulp, Soul is scary in this world..... His smile seems so nice....but his threats are so genuine and cold.... Raganarok and Justin immediately stop touching me and put their hands in the air. "Good, now keep your hands off her," Soul says as he turns back around.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to both of them, "I didn't think Soul would care..." I grin and slightly laugh, "he's not this protective back in my world." If that happened back in my world, Soul probably would have just laughed....

Raganarok nods and laughs, "you'd think you were his daughter or something."

Soul snaps his head around glaring, "what was that?"

We all make a guilty face, "nothing..."

Soul turns back around, unamused, "thought so."

Justin quietly laughs, "no kidding." I grin looking at Soul, I like the protective Soul though.... He's actually really sweet....

~Real World~

-MAKA'S p.o.v-

I turn my blade back into my arm ".....You have exactly thirty seconds to get out of my sight, before I kill you both," I say huffing air.

.....This.... Dad... It was all a lie?!?! I'm more angry at myself than anything. I can't believe I hoped so much for something, I knew wasn't true!!! I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS LIE SOMEWHERE IN THE BACK OF MY MIND!!!

The dark blond haired witch lady grins at me, "you're going to let us go?"

I grit my teeth and glare at her, wheezing, I'm going to have a panic attack..... "After I catch y-you......you won't b-be a-able to breathe p-properly," I sneer as I stare at her hatefully. I can only guess, it's her fault I'm here.

Soul put his hand on my back, "breathe, Maka, breathe."

I turn towards him annoyed. "D-don't t-touch m-me," I say as I gasp for air trying to breathe normally. This is all too much.....

"We'll meet again, Maka," the dark blond haired woman coos before walking away and the wolf man follows.

"Dam-," I say as I start to fall forward, "damn right we will...." I fall to the ground losing consciousness.

~Soul's P.O.V~

I stare at Maka, who apparently isn't my Maka, as she lies unconscious on the ground. I turn towards Medusa and Free. I sigh in frustration, Medusa or Maka?!?!?!

Medusa or Maka?!?!

Why is this even debatable?!?! I pick Maka up, and shake my head as I watch Medusa walk away freely. I grind my teeth watching her leave, now what?

I have a Maka, who isn't actually Maka, passed out.... Medusa was coming back to the DWMA.... I think she's going back to her hide-out.... I sigh as I start to walk home, today has been fucking FANTASTIC.

I glance down at Maka, since when did you change-. I remember, she was different after she left Medusa's hideout.... So.... I almost had se-....with the.... other.... Maka....

I blush furiously as I think how I would have explained that to my Maka...... That's a conversation, I'd rather not have.... Er.... I think I can omit the kiss with Kid.... I can't use her kissing Liz to my advantage...it wasn't actually her...

I look down at Maka.... So she's not my Maka.... She definitely acts different, it makes sense now... But how do I get my Maka back... Where is she?....

~Patti's P.O.V~

I stand there hissing as I stare at Justin and Crona. Why are these two here?!?!

I glare at them, "answer me."

Justin looks at me amused, "so where is your meister and your sister, Patti?"

"Patti, go sit in the corner and cool off," Liz says panting as she places her hand on my shoulder, as she runs in after me, "calm down."

I glare up at Liz, "fine." I storm away and sit in a corner of the room eyeing everyone. I narrow my eyes as I watch Kid coming in from the door.

I rub my eyes and yawn. It's cool now..... I lean my head back against the wall yawning. Why are Crona and Justin here anyway?

~Kid's P.O.V~

"Justin," I say a little taken back as I watch him walking towards the other door, "what a nice surprise." I wasn't expecting to see a Death Scythe, or anyone here for that matter.

I glance over my shoulder to see Crona looking at everyone. If Justin is here, maybe my father already knows Maka is strange and that Medusa may have done something to her....

Justin looks at me, "there's the young Lord Death." He gives me a smile, and I can't help but feel a little on guard. ....His smile seems forced...

I shake my head, "uh, may I ask why you are here?" I glance at Crona. Crona is probably here for the same reason I am, Maka. But Justin..... It's a little sketchy, he only met her briefly a few weeks ago..... So maybe my father did notice something was wrong.

Justin shrugs, "I had to talk to Medusa, but she's not here." Well why?.... He turns toward the door, "she's not here, so I'm leaving."

"Justin," I hear a cheery voice say from behind me.

~Black*Star's P.O.V~

I guess, Tsubaki was right about Medusa's hideout being this way. I walk up to the door, and see it broken down. Medusa still hasn't fixed that?...

Tsubaki walks in before me. "Justin!!?!?," she says excitedly and cheerfully as she runs inside the hide-out. By Justin, does she mean, Justin Law?......

~Tsubaki P.O.V~

I run and hug Justin around the neck, he's here! I feel guilt creep on my face, ohhhh, now I have to tell him I'm not moving with him......

"I missed you," Justin says hugging me back.

"Awwwww," I hear a familiar voice coo from behind us. I hear Patti's giggle and turn around. I blush, I didn't know they were here!!! I stare at Liz and Patti blushing furiously.

I remember seeing people standing there...but I was excited to see Justin.... Kid laughs, "don't stop on our accord."

I pull away from Justin and stand there. Black*Star looks at me with no emotion. Oh, great.....this should be fun....

~Medusa's P.O.V~

Maka just let us go.... I wonder why... This Maka seems to be stronger on her own than with her weapon..... I think I might have a new factor I might have to add to my game....

It's only a precaution really, no one but Soul and Maka knows she's not the real one. I laugh, no one is going to believe them either, so what do I have to worry about?

I smirk as I get closer to the Death City exit. The end will be coming sooner than I anticipated.

~Kid's P.O.V~

"Tsubaki, we need to talk," Justin says gesturing for her to go outside with him.

Tsubaki nods and follows him outside. So Tsubaki and Justin Law, I always figured Black*Star and her would make a pretty good couple....

I turn to Crona, "why are you here?"

Crona fidgets awkwardly, "s-same reason y-you are....." I'm here because I'm worried about Maka's well being AND everyone else's. Crona nods at me, "Maka....." Crona turns away from me, "y-you shouldn't use other people as an e-excuse...."

I furrow my eyebrows looking at Crona. What does Crona mean by that? Crona turns back to me, "n-no one is here..... Eruka ran a-away from Justin.... W-we should go...before my mom gets back..." I nod, if Eruka or Free isn't here, there's no use in snooping around.

It's highly unlikely that Medusa left plans out and reverse spell material on how to fix Maka, if in fact, she did do something to her. So snooping around would be pointless. I nod, "well, looks like we came for nothing."

Liz nods, "we can come back tomorrow or something." Or something, I think it's time, I told my dad or Soul about this....

Patti sighs, "it better have cooled down." I glance over at Black*Star who just stares at the floor. He hasn't said anything since he walked in to see Tsubaki hugging Justin.....

They're probably here, for the same reason we are.... But I actually feel bad for Black*Star. But it's also his fault, if he really does like Tsubaki, he should say something or she's never going know.... I glance over to Liz and Patti and starting thinking about Maka....and I'm a hypocrite....

I shake my head, I shouldn't give Black*Star advice, if I'm the same way.....

~Justin's P.O.V~

"About us moving in together," I start out saying. I can't just tell her no....and I can't just tell her I plan on helping the Kishin.....

Tsubaki nods, "can I stay with Black*Star?" I look at her shocked, she wanted to stay?....

I nod my head, "some important stuff came up in Europe so I have to go back soon."

Tsubaki frowns, "Europe is really far away...." She's not making things difficult at all, this is rather easy actually.

I nod, "so for the time being, I think we should break up..... Until I can officially come back to Death City, you know?"

Tsubaki nods, "I understand. Until you can come back right?"

I nod, "unless you don't want me back, after I can OFFICIALLY come back." More like after the Kishin is ruling the world, but I can't tell her that.....

Tsubaki laughs, "whatever Justin."

I hug her, "I have to go now, so see you when I get back."

Tsubaki hugs me back, "see ya, love you."

I start to walk away, "love you too."

~Black*Star's P.O.V~

Justin.....Justin Law, Justin?..... Tsubaki is with Justin, The Executioner, Law.

Wait, wait a minute. Nice, sweet Tsubaki, is with, psychopath, crazy, insane Justin Law?........

What the fuck?!?!

Tsubaki walks back inside after a few minutes. I look her speechless. ......Justin Law....

Liz squees and hugs her, "Awwwww, you guys are sooo kawaii freaking desu!!"

Tsubaki laughs, "I guess." Patti starts laughing. I look at them confused. ....Justin Law.... The Death Scythe....Justin Law?.... She's gonna leave me for JUSTIN FREAKING LAW??!?!

Kid looks at everyone, "I think it'd be best if we leave before Medusa gets back...... I'm going to confront Soul about Maka tomorrow."

I nod and walk to the exit..... Justin Law huh?..... The blond haired insane Death Scythe..... Tsubaki is with him?!?! I would have rather had her dating Soul or something. At least I wouldn't have to worry about her safety then!!!

Crona nods, "I-I wonder where Eruka ran off too...."

Eruka was here?.... Oh, what do I care. JUSTIN FREAKING LAW, SERIOUSLY TSUBAKI!!?!?!?!?

~Eruka's P.O.V~

Where do I go?!?! "Ribbit," I croak as I run further away from Medusa's hideout. I don't know where to go....

I could go home.....back to the Witch Council..... But they'd kill me for associating with Medusa.....maybe not, I think hopefully.

Since Medusa has all her snakes in me, I can prove she made me do it by like body control or something. I start running back towards the Witch Council. If I can tell a strong witch, they can remove Medusa's snakes! Then I can help Maka and not have worry about consequences!!!

I keep running, I can't wait to get home!

-MAKA'S p.o.v-

I open my eyes to see Soul staring down at me confused. I glance up at him, "what?"

I sit up and look at him with wide eyes, wow, that was an epic dream..... "Soul, I had the weirdest dream ever! You know how my dad hates me and doesn't have anything to do with me, he actually was like a dad in my dream. Oh and you were different too. And then some blond haired chick and this wolf man thing were trying to kill you and I don't even know why...... They said I was from another world or something too," I say tapping my chin as I try to recall my dream, "weird dream, huh?"

Soul sits on the bed beside me, "Maka......that wasn't a dream...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also for all my SoMa shippers, check out SoMa One-Shots (SoulxMaka) by @ToWonderlandWeGo.

Vote/Comment/Fan?

Switch ya later & ja ne~ Princess Goth