Twin-World

-Twin World-

~Maka's P.O.V~

"Soul, I still don't remember very much," I say walking out of the bathroom confused. The bathroom is even different, this is nothing like I remember it. I thought maybe this was just a dream, that I could go to sleep and just wake up and this nightmare would be over. But it's not a dream.

My head is literally spinning, there is no way I could have imagined everything. Not everything. My mom isn't dead, or at least I don't think so. I mean, I literally talked to her 2 weeks ago and for her to be dead for at least 6 months, it doesn't add up.

Soul is a Death Scythe. I made him into one. I know I did. I killed Arachne and he turned into one after we finally re-collected all 99 souls. I remember having to restart because of Blair. Soul said he didn't even know a Blair at all.. How can he not remember Blair and the countless times he got a nose-bleed around her? Or the countless times I've Maka Chopped him for it?

"I'll help you remember," Soul says walking towards me smiling. And Soul, he's completely different from what I remember. The Soul I remember smiled, but it was always mischievous and playful. It wasn't even a smile, it was always his signature smirk. But now Soul, he genuinely smiles. It's not a bad thing, but it's odd. From what I remember, he's the complete opposite of himself.

I have to talk to the others. I can't have imagined everything, something has to be real. Maybe if I could talk to Tsubaki or Liz, maybe they could clear somethings up for me. Or Kid, I need to talk to Kid! He was going to talk to Lord Death about getting mine and Soul's partnership extended, because Lord Death was going to use him as his personal Death Scythe already! I remember that! I know it happened because I hugged Kid.

"It doesn't make any sense," I say furrowing my eyebrows looking at the floor, "everything is wrong..." I know that happened, but apparently Soul isn't a Death Scythe. This is not making sense!

I can't think of anything I've done to lose my memory. And even if did, what I remember, it all seems so real anyway. Am I really that delusional? Maybe Soul is right. Maybe I'm just completely insane. But for some reason, I want to believe I'm not. It's everyone else who is wrong, not me!

What could have caused this?

I was attacked by Medusa, I know that much. I was dodging her vector arrows and then blackness is all I can remember after that point. I fought Medusa, I know I did, but Soul said he doesn't even know a Medusa. I hit my forehead with my hand, "this doesn't make any sense, none of this is adding up!"

Soul stops me from hitting myself again, "well, maybe instead of going to the park and the movies, we should go try to re-jog your memory?" See! He's different! Frankly, his nice attitude is starting to freak me out a bit. Soul isn't as self-centered as I say he is, but he most definitely is not the most caring and concerned person I know either. Soul frowns dropping my hand, "I swear no offense intended, but honestly, you've been weird since yesterday."

I look at him dumbfounded. No, he's the one weird here. I'm exactly the way I've always been. He's the one who decided to change personalities, and actually be nice and considerate for once! I look at him annoyed, "I'm the way I've always been," I say walking past him, "I don't understand your personality change."

Soul turns towards me with a confused look on his face," no, I'm the same as I've always been."

I sit on the edge of the bed staring at him, "no, you're nice now. The Soul Eater Evans I know, is not nice. He likes to say he's a cool guy, and he's a jerk. And he's sarcastic. And mean. Not to mention rude. He has no regard to other people's feelings, not even mine. He acts like a complete asshole just for the sake of being 'cool'." Soul looks at me with a blank expression and I look to the ground, "but sometimes, he could be nice and considerate. He always knew just the right thing to say to me when I felt bad, even if he didn't think he could." I know Soul is staring at me right now. He's probably as confused as I am.