Twist

~Real World~

~Soul's P.O.V~

She's crying. I didn't think she'd react like that. If I had known she would've, I wouldn't have done that.

I hope she doesn't hate me. "Maka," I say reaching towards her as she tries to bite back tears.

She hits my hand away and starts to cry more, "go away!" She covers her face crying.

I sit on the bed staring down at her. I am an asshole. "Maka, I," I hesitantly speak looking at her.

She looks me in the face and seethes through tears, "fucking asshole, I SAID GO AWAY!!" She starts to sob but keeps yelling, "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?! LEAVE ME ALONE, LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!!" She wipes her eyes a bit and screams, "I wish I would've never became your partner!"

I sit on the bed looking at her speechless. How can she say that? Even if she is mad. Maka, has she really thought this about me the entire time? Have I been that meaningless and that much of a nuisance to her? As much as I hate to admit it, she's probably not lying about any of it either.

"Go Aw-," Maka starts to yell again before I cut her off.

"I'M GOing," I start to yell but my voices lowers as I crawl to the edge of the bed and let my legs hang off the edge, "I'll go then." I look back into Maka's eyes, "I really am sorry. I have no idea why I did that to you. I knew you were kidding, but I took it a too far by doing that to you. I don't know what possessed me to do that. The last thing I want to do is hurt you or jeopardize our friendship. I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry for getting on your nerves a lot, I'm sorry you got stuck with me, I'm sorry I'm never there for you. I'm just sorry." I don't know what else to say. "You're telling me to go so I'll leave," I say before beginning to push myself up off the bed.

She hates me right now and I don't blame her. If she doesn't take me seriously or listen to me, then it means I have to start saying my true feelings more often. And also that she hates me, which isn't a surprise. I'd hate me too, if I was her. I sigh as I get up from the bed, but Maka has every right to hate me right now and never talk to me again. So I can't be mad, if she ends up hating me forever. I'll only have myself to blame. The only thing I can do, is hope she'll forgive me eventually.

I can be a real asshole.
And I know that now.

Why would I give her a hickey just for fun. We're not even anything. It makes her look trashy and shows that I'm really that selfish and an asshole. Death help me.

-MAKA'S p.o.v-

I sit on the bed staring at Soul speechless. I start to cry harder, he can't do that. He can't act like an asshole and then act like this! He CAN'T!

"If you're mad or hate me now, it's fine," Soul says sighing, "I deserve it and I don't blame you." He can't.

He just, I wipe my eyes. Soul, why act like that? Why? I start to sob sitting on the bed setting my forehead on my knees. Why? He was just pretending. My Soul is there, I think as I wipe my eyes.

"If you need me, which I highly doubt you will, I'll be at Black*Star's," Soul says glancing over his shoulder as he turns to walk away.

I do the only thing I can think of, I grab Soul's hand still crying and gently pull him back towards me, "don't leave me." Soul looks down at me utterly speechless. "Please," I plead peering up into his face, "I don't want you to leave." I said I wanted him to go away, but if he did.. I'd just, he can't.

He stands there looking back at me as I gently pull him back to the bed. "Please," I choke out as I sob harder. I feel pathetic. This is all too much. He sits back down on the bed and stares at me. I wipe my eyes and try to smile, "you're an asshole, but you're still my partner." I turn my head to the side and mutter through tears so it's not even audible, "and I love you."