Switch: Confusion

Twin World

-SOUL'S p.o.v-

"Maka," I scream running after her as she keeps sprinting down the temple's halls. She keeps running as if she doesn't hear my voice. "MAKA!"

After a few minutes of chasing her down, what seemed like millions of never ending halls, she finally stops. Directly in front of us is a floating dark purple glowing sphere. What is it?..... Is this what Crona was talking about? Is this really going to help Maka get home? I glance back to Maka to find she's passed out on the floor. I look back to the floating sphere. If I smash it...she might not get home....

I walk closer to the sphere feeling drawn to it. I hesitantly place my hands on the sphere and take it into my hands.

This glass ball...it controls so much...

~Real World~
-MAKA'S p.o.v-

As Soul dips me down, I close my eyes expecting him to kiss me. But I feel warmth on my forehead instead. I open my eyes as he's pulling away and standing me up straight again. I'm not his. I'm not his Maka. I shouldn't be expecting anything from him... but why did I want him to kiss me?....

"Thank you for the dance," Soul says with a slight grin as he drops my hand. I half smile, I feel so conflicted. "What's wrong," Soul questions ushering for me to follow him as we walk off the dance floor and to a secluded table in the corner.

"Nothing," I breathed expressionless as I plopped down on the chair.

Soul sat down beside me arching a brow, "obviously it's something, talk to me?"

I shook my head moving and sitting down in the chair beside him, "I would if I even knew what was wrong.."

Soul just nodded, "remember I'm here for you Maka." I just nodded and stared at nothing in paticular before all our friends ended up making their way to our table.

Patti giggled, "liking the party?"

Crona sat quietly watching everything and everyone else answered with their own form of a yes. Black*Star held Tsubaki in his lap and I half-smiled. That's what my Black*Star wants too.. Except he's too shy to do anything. I rub my eyes as I glance around the table observing everyone else, they're all so different. This is all so different. I rub my head and put an arm across my stomach. I feel sick, I want to go home...

~Eruka's P.O.V~

"Mizune," I practically whisper scream as we approach Lady Medusa's hideout. What is going on? Does Mizune know?... HOW? What's going on here?!

Mizune looks over her shoulder and puts her finger over her lips. I nod and follow her quietly as she enters. I hear Free's voice and Medusa's echocing from somewhere else in the hideout. I gulp, if she finds out we're here... This will end badly... "Ribbit..."

Mizune looks at me with a death glare and I cover my mouth instantly. I can't handle the pressure! I croack when I'm nervous! I cover my mouth as she walks down the hall towards Medusa's lab and testing area. ..What are we here for?...

We walk into the room and Mizune quietly shuts the door putting a spell on it. I sigh and watch her. "Where is the big, tattered, brown book," Mizune questions aloud. My eyes widen and I keep my mouth shut. Is she trying to let Medusa know we're here?! Mizune smiled, "you can talk now, I put a seal on the door and it cuts off the sound in here too."

I dropped my hands sighing loudly, "good!" I felt like my heart was fixing to explode.

Mizune walked to Medusa's other room, "it's a really gigantic brown spell book, have you seen it?"

I shook my head, "no... Why do you need it?" I started searching the room for it too.

Mizune stopped and looked at me, "we have the sphere, but we didn't summon it. We have to have the spell book it came from to fix this."

My eyes widened, "you know about this?!"

She nodded and went back to searching the room, "yes, now help me find it, before Medusa realizes we're here." I nodded and began searching the room top to bottom.

~Soul's P.O.V~

It's weird to finally have the courage to tell Maka I have feelings for her, have her near me, and not be able to because she technically isn't my Maka. Maka looks at everyone as they all talk and have their normal conversations. No matter how I look at this, minus her personality change, it's like she fits in here...

-Twin World-
~Maka's P.O.V~

"Switch us back!" I open my eyes to see Soul holding the purple sphere as I slowly regain consciousness. I quickly stand up and snatch the sphere from his hands. For some reason I don't want anyone else to touch it. I wrap my arms around the purple globe as press it against my chest. Soul stares at me curiously, "Maka? Are you alright?"

I nodded clutching the sphere tightly, "yes. Let's find the others and take this to Lord Death." I'm almost home, I think with a small grimace, almost home.

I need to get home. I have a bad feeling things aren't going to be good when I get home...

~Real World~
~Medusa's P.O.V~

Where is Eruka? I wonder if the Witch Council was smart enough to figure out my plan.. I hum tapping my nails on my clipboard staring at some of my living experiments as the move around in their cages before me.

The Kishin Asura is growing stronger as I speak spreading his madness. I grin, a great turn of events is, even the Death Scythe Justin Law is working in the favor of the Kishin. I grin even wider and Stein is succumbing more and more into madness. Even if they somehow managed to get Maka back now, with things running their course like they are now, it's practically too late even for her to intervene.

~Eruka's P.O.V~

"This thing," I ask as I pick up a large tattered, dingy, worn and dusty looking book.

Mizune nods and grins, "great job, Eruka, that's what we were looking for!" Mizune took the book from my hands and saying some spell on the book causing it to shrink. She slipped the book into her shirt and smiled, "now we have to go to Death City."

"Death City," I questioned blinking rapidly. Why Death City?

Mizune didn't answer as she put her finger on her lips and opened the room's door breaking the spell. I feel myself on the verge of croaking again, we're so close to getting away scott free....

~Soul's P.O.V~

Many hours later, the party comes to an end and we all head back home. "I had fun," Maka said with a yawn as she pulls the mask off her head placing it on our living room table.

I nod loosening my tie, "me too." I glance out the window, "it's pretty late, we should go to sleep."

Maka nodded, "I'm going to go shower." She turned and walked off to her room to get clothes before walking to the bathroom.

I walked to my sighing as I dropped down onto my bed looking up at the ceiling. I wish I had my Maka back. I wish I knew of something I could do to get this Maka home. I close my eyes kicking off my shoes. I feel like we haven't done anything.