Playing Around

***Warning: Contains yaoi (boyXboy) & yuri (girlXgirl)***

~Kid's P.O.V~

What's wrong with Maka? She seems really odd. I don't understand her sudden attitude change. It's like she's a completely different person. If she's pretending to be a bad girl, she's a great actress. The very essence of her being felt different.

For her to act like that in just a few moments, it almost seems natural for her. The Maka I know is nothing like that. Maybe she is though, I mean, I didn't know her that well. It makes sense, I have heard of Maka's old reputation. If that's how Maka used to act, I wonder what made her act and stop acting like that. Someone doesn't just act like that because they want to. There's always a reason behind it.

"Any, Anyone else think Maka is acting weird," Crona questions trying to break the silence shared in the air between us all as we walk back to Death City.

I keep walking not saying a word, so Crona agrees with me. "I second that," Liz says looking over at Crona, "any idea what's wrong with her?"

"Me, three," Patti squeals. She turns to Liz smiling, "Maka's acting how we used to."

Liz frowns, "we did what we did, because we had too." She sighs, "but that's in the past, Patti we aren't like that anymore, and we promised we wouldn't talk about it either."

"Sowwy," Patti says skipping along the path. Patti, it's hard to believe that she was a ruthless and cruel person once. Now she's all smiles and giggles, but she wasn't always like that.

But Patti is right, when I first met Liz and Patti, they acted similar to how Maka is now. But that was their exterior mask. They acted like that because they needed to be like that in order to survive. But as I got to know them, their hard-shell started to crack and I got to know them. The real them. I can only assume they were like that because they didn't want to be hurt anymore.

I was weird to them at first, I originally met them on accident. Liz was actually trying to mug me with Patti as her weapon. I felt sorry for them. I knew something was wrong in their lives, for them to be doing something as shameful as that. I needed weapons and there was two of them.

~Kid's Flashback~

"You two are perfect," I say looking from Liz to Patti.

"You're kidding me right," Liz says through a smirk looking down at, "give us your money Reaper and we'll let you go."

"How about you two come live me," I say smiling, "I need weapons and you two are the first pair I've met."

Liz raises her eyebrows confused and her lips slowly draw back into a line, "you're kidding." At that moment, I thought it was just shock, but now that I think about it, it looked like she was about to cry. Thinking back on it, Liz isn't stupid. She's never has been and never will be. She's had to raise Patti and herself since she was fourteen. The realization that she could give Patti everything a normal girl her age would have, must've started to crack her mask even then.

I remember Patti transforming back into her human form looking at Liz aggrivated, "sis, you can't be seriously considering this."

I looked at both of them and smiled, "you're both perfect and beautifully symmetrical." I looked down at Patti who was much shorter than the rest of us, "well we can work on it."

She glared at me irritated, "sis, forget the money and forget the Reaper, let's just go."

Liz kept staring at the ground with the same expression on her face, "no Patti." She looked at me unsure, "we'll do it." I remember Patti sighing in frustration after that and Liz smiling and walking towards her. "We'll be fine," Liz said smiling as she hugged Patti.