29. the return

Yeah, so I pretty much dropped off of the Earth for three months. What else is new?

I came down with mono in September, which caused me to miss the first two weeks of sophomore year (and auditions for my school musical, "The Wedding Singer". Thankfully, I was able to send in a video audition, and I was cast as an ensemble member). The start of the school year has been extremely stressful, and I ended up taking a month long break from writing in order to let myself properly adjust. The break seems to have taken a toll on the quality of my work- I really don't like the way the last few scenes of this chapter came out, and I spent a few weeks editing it. Bottom line is, I'm extremely sorry. And I'm so thankful for each and every one of you for being patient and not giving up on this story.

Commenters! mikaxoxo02 ; thatclovelydisnerd ; gelgela29 ; PopularlyUnpopular ; veronicatur ; 31cora ; MidnightXplosion ; TheBriggs ; disneynerd2 ; PercyJacksonFangirl2 ; wifi_hogger (love of my life) ; unisydney ; squishyfishies (queeeen) ; EllaJosephine ; weaponofmsscreation (I LOVE YOU BUT I AM NEVER GOING TO FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT LAST CHAPTER GOD DAMN IT) ; Allegra_Bisscotti ; _heyorhi ; rewrite ; nasleelisa ; Kingdomkeeper_wilby3 ; CaliforniaaDreamer ; Glittergirl66 ; annicholls ; Briella2014 ; NearTheLimit13 ; thelostgirlxoxo (BABE) ; taytaylovesanime ; bluefairy77

On with the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop!"

Maleficent's smile evolved into a malice-tipped grin. "Your Excellency... I was beginning to think that you wouldn't show." Turning from the portal, she met eyes with the galaxy's head protectorate. "How are you, Odelia? It's been quite a long time since our lives last converged."

"Where does that portal lead to?" The Blue Fairy demanded.

"Oh, this tacky thing? A little blue and green planet overrun with technology."

"You're sending her back to Earth?"

"I'm merely granting a wish." A pout settled into Maleficent's lip. "I do one good deed for a distraught soul, and suddenly the Head Protectorate of the Galaxy is at my throat... Now, tell me, Odelia, where's the logic in that?"