16. the villain

I've decided not to rewrite my story. Rather, I'm going to continue it and go back and edit the chapters that I have. I'm removing unneccesary detail, improving my language, that sort of thing. I'm not changing the plot whatsoever. I recommend going back and rereading the last couple chapters if you forgot about what's going on- there are so many plot strings that need tying up, I know, but I know what I'm doing.

Commenters are listed below :D

JustADisneyGirl ; TessaSkye99 ; amandaviser ; Allegra_Biscotti ; glittergirl66 ; divaworld4812 ; EvraBistrion ; Dessert201 ; THGDivergentElsa7402 ; TheBeautifulDreamer_ ; squishyfishes (QUEEN) ; -QueenElsa- ; MandiKat ; rushofjoy ; nasleelsa ; ThatDisnerd ; angelarose_612 ; gelgela29 ; Songbook22 (I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH).

Here's chapter 16!

----------

Belle descended down the stairs of the North tower, a cloak draped over her head. In one hand, she held a candelabra (half expecting it to spit out some remarks in a French accent), and in the other, she held the hand of her husband. Although Adam's presence was strong, and despite the promise he made at their wedding to always protect her from darkness, Belle was still frightened. Gaston? Alive? There was no way. Both Belle and Adam had seen the man fall into a ravine- they'd heard his desperate cries that night. They knew very well that he was dead.

But Ivory had claimed that she had seen the man with her own eyes... Unless had been lying.

Adam could tell how distressed his wife was- she shook beneath his grasp and could barely keep a steady hold on the candelabra. He stopped, leaning over and taking the source of light out of his wife's hands. "It's alright, Belle. Everything's going to be fine."

They came to the bottommost dungeon, which wasn't much of a dungeon- just a dingy room, shackles and chains strung to the stone walls. There were no windows or source of light, which was quite frightening. Ever since Prince Adam had risen to power as King of France, not a single person had been down here. Other rulers sometimes said that King Adam ruled with two fists- an iron fist and a gentle fist. Both hands certainly kept criminals out of Paris.

For the first time in years, this room was in use.

A figure was slumped against the wall, just across from the stairs. Adam held the candelabra out in front of him, trying to get a better look at this figure- a man, with muscles hung against his arms, long ebony hair which looked messy and unkempt, a ripped shirt and pants.

As soon as the figure looked up, fear tore into Belle's heart, and she gripped her husband tighter, praying for safety.

Gaston.

He was chained to the wall by his wrists- still, she was frightened that he would be able to break through and harm her. The Blue Fairy had claimed that she had put a spell on the shackles, which eased her nerves, if only a little.

"It really is you," Adam spoke, his voice demanding.

Gaston grunted- a rumbling grunt, like the sound of an earthquake- and then gave a malicious grin. "Quite nice to see you too, beast."

"That's your majesty to you," Adam spat, pushing Belle behind him. "I'm not just a monster anymore, Gaston. I am your king-"

"King or not, you'll always be a monster." Gaston's voice was raspy and raw, as though he hasn't had anything to drink in days. "No matter what form you take, I'll always see you as a beast."

Belle gripped her husband tighter. "Why are you here, Gaston? What is it that you want from us?"

"Oh, Belle. There so many things that I want from you... And so many things that I could easily take from you." Gaston's voice burned, as though every word was made of fire. "Many, many things."