9. the flirt

Can I just say that I love you all so very much? Seriously. This story is at 3,100 plus reads, and I can't thank you enough. My current goal is ten thousand, which will probably take awhile, but hey, I can dream, right? I want to get this story popular- like, really popular. More feedback and long comments would help me grow as a writer, considering that it's my dream to become a published author.

I had a dream last night that this was made into a show. Like, an actual television show. It was set up like OUAT- half of an episode would be flashbacks about what happened in the past, and the other half would be what's happening now. The flashbacks were about Effie's past. In the beginning, Gothel wasn't telling the story to Rapunzel- the story unfolded itself in different episodes and stuff. I was sort of planning on making this story like that, but then I realized that it would be too much like OUAT. And then I woke up thinking that it was real and I was like "hell yes I am beyonce" and then I realized that I am not Beyonce and that I am not worthy of calling myself Beyonce.

Anyway, this is sort of a filler chapter. A character is going to come out of nowhere and stir up trouble, and that leads into Ivy meeting another character. It's a little shorter than last chapter, at about 4.5 thousand words. My goal is to make each chapter from 4 to 5 thousand words, which will be kind of tough, but I'm sure I can get through it.

On with the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know where I was going.

By the time I reached the edge of the town (the same dollhouse-like village that I'd seen from the castle grounds), my feet were sore, and it felt as though I were stepping on rocks with jagged edges. My lungs threatened to cave into each other, throat burning from the heaving breaths that I'd taken as I tripped- literally tripped- down the winding dirt road that wrapped around the hill that the castle had been built upon. I'd been rolling my eyes the whole way down, cursing each time I missed a step or stumbled over a rock whose end stuck out from above the dirt. Seriously, couldn't they have just installed a ramp when the palace was created? One made from smooth stone without any jagged bumps? Being Walt Disney's daughter, if that was even true, would make me a princess. The first thing I was demanding was having a stone walkway put in.

No, scratch that- the first thing that I would do was go around and start making everyone who had ever hurt me bow down and admit that I was better than them. I started composing a list of people in my mind. After a few moments, I realized that the list was too long for me to process.

I tried not to think about being Walt Disney and Maleficent's daughter or whatever they'd told me. Whenever a thought about magic or princess stuff slipped into my head, getting past the thin cracks of my skull and inhabiting my brain, I would simply attempt to ignore it.

And what the Blue Fairy said, about me not wanting to accept the information... That was true, I guess. A lot of what the winged woman had said about me was true. How much did she really know about me?

Did that mean that what she said about Walt and Maleficent being my parents was true?

My brain was too full to process information like that, and ached whenever a single trace of the thoughts slipped through my head. I already had enough on my plate, and a pretty large plate, at that. I already had-

1. A mother who was pissed off at me

2. Best friends who probably wouldn't be able to see me

3. A boyfriend who had kind of sort of broken up with me

Upon thinking about Keaton, my throat filled with warm saliva, and my cheeks felt gooey, as though they were made of putty. Did I still love Keaton? Of course. The problem was, I hadn't had time to think about him, which was odd, considering that so much of my brain had been taken over by the golden haired boy. There was an entire section of my mind that had been devoted to him- no, that wasn't right. My entire mind was devoted to him. Every single inch.