19. the test

Commenters :D

Songbook22 ; 31cora ; Allegra_Bisscotti ; Gray_King ; PopularlyUnpopular ; AshleyJubelag ; squishyfishies (queen) ; rewrite ; wifi_hogger ; motorola2727 ; amandaviser ; divaworld4812

So, hi guys :D I hope you're all having a hella rad holiday season. Here's chapter 19 and I finished this at like 12:15 last night.

Please, if you're a dedicated reader, don't be afraid to leave a comment telling me what you like about the story. I won't bite, I swear. Pinky promise :D Also, I really recommend adding this story to your libraries so that you'll be notified when updates come in. With that being said, here's chapter 19.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So, Ivy, I can't help but ask, who's this boyfriend who you mentioned to me?"

It was dinner, and after a long afternoon in the library with Belle, I was ready to sit down and relax and wander away from the deep stuff. I had completely forgotten that I'd mentioned having a boyfriend to her the night before.

I puffed air out of my cheeks. God damn it, Belle.

"A boyfriend?" Aurora looked up. She harbored a polished grin and illuminated cheeks. "Ooh! Do tell, Ivy."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Well, actually, he really isn't my boyfriend."

Belle furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Well... We've had quite a bit of drama recently."

"Ah." Aurora clucked her tongue. "I understand. Drama."

"Do you know anything about drama?" I asked. "Not to be rude, just-"

"No. No, I understand." Aurora brushed a thick lock of hair out of her eyes. "Well, relationship-wise, I haven't been through much. My parents hid me away when Maleficent cursed me- the fairies cared for me. They were the only people I communicated with my whole life. I never had a chance to meet anyone. Philip was... Well, he was the only man I've been romantically involved with. He'll be the only man I'll be romantically involved with."

"If only it were that easy for me," I muttered.

"We were betrothed, Ivy," Aurora explained. "I didn't have a choice. I didn't have a chance to experience any drama. Well, we met before I returned to the palace, but I only realized that I'd been betrothed when-"

"Still. Your first love was your true love. On Earth, things don't work like that. People are different, the setting is different... things just work differently. And it sets you up for pain."

Aurora's face went pale, and she looked down into her soup bowl.

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

I spent the rest of the evening wandering around the castle- the place was absolutely enormous, with grand archways leading into massive rooms, intricate designs carved into the walls, gold dripping off of the decorations... It felt like something out of a fairytale (how ironic, really, that it was). I didn't feel as though I were actually there- I believed that I was watching everything through a large screen at a movie theatre, or through the high definition television that my mother had set up in the basement. I didn't touch- I didn't dare touch. I was afraid that I'd break something. I was a massive rainstorm, as my friend Maria had once described me, something that could come and conquer and cause chaos, and the castle was a very loosely built city that would fall under the slightest of taps.