18. the magic

Guys I joined my church choir so on a scale of one to ten how much of a life do I not have. And now my pastor wants me to sing a solo at the Christmas Eve service.

My first ever high school chorus concert is in approximately an hour and twenty minutes (#SopranoTwoSquad), so I wanted to get this chapter up before then. This one is a little on the long side, because I wanted to reward all my readers for their patience :D

lovely lovely lovely commenters:

31cora ; ThatOneGirl1918 ; thatclovelydisnerd ; MandiKat ; Glittergirl66 ; IcyRoads ; PopularlyUnpopular ; TheBeautifulDreamer_ ; TessaSkye99 ; motorola2727 ; Seelie_Prince ; AshleyJubelag ; rewrite (who foresaw the entire last chapter in her dreams so props to you for being magical) ; squishyfishies (*gasps for air* QUEEEN) ; rewrite ; angelarose_612 ; wifi_hogger ; JustADisneyGirl ; and last but not least, EllaJosephine.

oh and guys can we please trend #WhereMulanAtDoe

----------

 The Dining Hall was flowing over with excitement that afternoon. I walked in to find a jovial Belle standing next to a gushing Aurora, who was sitting in her usual seat, a letter gripped between her fingers. Elsa sat across the table, sipping on a glass of lemonade, her fingers shaky and glove.

"Ivy!" Belle cried. "Ivy, come here!"

I walked to her side, leaning over her shoulder. "What's going on?"

"Aurora just received a letter from Prince Philip," Belle explained, pointing to the note that Aurora held between her hands.

"Prince Philip?"

"My husband," Aurora beamed- her face was a dusty rose color, her cheeks bright and illuminated. "We were married only a few weeks ago... Oh, really, Ivy, you must see what he wrote to me. He's the most romantic, most incredible..." She drifted off, cutting her sentence short with a bubbly sigh.

“Well, what does it say?” Belle asked. “Come on, Aurora, read it!"

I was never one for the gushy romantic stuff, but I offered to listen, standing next to Belle.

"My most beautiful Aurora," Elia's Princess began. "Every day that we are apart feels like a century. The hours crawl on by, and I can't begin to think of anything but you. Your father tries to keep me updated with what's happening in France, but, to be honest with you, I haven't been able to pick up much. Being separated from you is like torture to me." She sighed, a low pitched romantic sigh, and held the note close to her chest. "Oh, do you hear that, Belle? He misses me! He misses me just as much as I miss him! Elsa, are you listening?"

"Yes, of course," Elsa said, taking another sip of her drink. Her tone was lazy and relaxed, not as tight as Aurora's, but she was smiling, admiring the princess's happiness.

"Oh! And listen to what else he wrote! I simply cannot wait for you to return home, my love. It's painful to be apart from you for such a long time, especially just after our wedding. I have a surprise waiting for you, Aurora- when you return, you will experience the greatest night of your life."

Aurora looked as though she were going to pass out. Her hands were shaking, her face was beaming... This was love, in its most blissful yet innocent form.

"Oh, Aurora, how lucky you are!" Belle commented, to which Aurora's cheeks faded into a deep crimson. "What else does it say?"

"However, Aurora, permit me to ask you about other pressing matters. I hope that you're getting along well with Walt's daughter- Ivory, correct? Is she a nice girl? You talked about her very positively in your letter to King Stefen- however, Queen Leah didn't seem to think too highly of her. I guess that that's just Leah. My father has never liked Elia's queen, to be honest with you. She just isn't a people person."