I Can Only Hope (5)

"Em, em, emily, EMILY BRYAN!" someone yelled but i was too into my thoughts to pay attention to who was yelling my name. But when i heard my name being yelled non stop i couldn't ignore it anymore

"what?!" i yelled at to who ever has been screaming my name.

"Well dang, i guess it's someone's time of the month," snickered Abby "so whats on your mind hmm, could it be a certain bad boy?" Abby pushed hoping that she'll get an answer out of me

"nothing i was just lost in my thoughts that's all," i lied.

I haven't told her about my last run in with Luke Parker...she doesn't need to know, she would flip and much more if she found out about our last encounter. So i find it best to just not tell her all together.

"mmhhmm sure, that's what's going on," she snickered. When i finally looked up from the ground and removed my hair away from my face all i saw was a huge smirk written on her face. Abby can read me like a book so if she hasn't guessed it now it won't be too long until she figures out what's been going on in my mind.

She dropped the subject for now as we head out of the school with a loaded backpack. Homework! so much fun! (please note the sarcasm) Hey just because i get straight A's does Not and i repeat does NOT mean that i like homework or even school for that matter.

"Have you heard what we are going to be starting tomorrow in History?" questioned abby

"No, i haven't. PLEASE tell me that we aren't going to be doing one of those "presentations" again!!" i groaned. "the last time we did one of those we did 3 months of research and just did a one page summary because he didn't like the idea anymore but didn't want all of our work to go to waste!" i complained with pure annoyance sketched into my voice.

"No it's supposed to be something different, but i've heard mixed comments about it." she explained, but i couldn't tell if she was excited for the project or completely not wanting to do it at all.

"what kind of different?" i questioned on now kind of eager to hear about what project we might be starting

"Well apparently every year Mr. Martin has the seniors do an annual boy girl project where he pairs up every one with the other gender and they are given a topic or they choose a topic to research and they work on it all through the rest of the year and we will present them like the last week of school. I also heard that after the first like week or two of working on the project in class we have to find our own time to work on it and we will start working on other things and the project will be on the side." She tells me with a mixture of now happiness and nervousness laced in her voice.

"Wait did you just say a boy girl project?!" i asked. My voice held nothing but shock and scardness. (i dont think that scardness is a word but you get what im trying to say)

"yeah i know but im not sure if im excited for the project or not." she tells me

All i know is that i now completely do not want to do this project! i dont work well with some people and by some people i mean ANYONE besides Abby or myself. And with guys i usually get all flustered and nervous and i don't know how to act or what to say. And from what i heard right now, all i can say is that this project is going to be a total bust.

After i got home i went straight up into my room, not even bothering to look around the house to see if my dad was there or what he had done while i was at school. I plopped all my things on my bed and went straight into doing my homework.

I couldn't focus on any of the homework that had been given to me because all i could think about was that stupid project that we might start tomorrow. I don't even know if we are doing the project but i can't help but think that i'm going to get paired with one of the guys that bullies me...Like Zane. I have never done anything to him so i don't even know why some of the people that are mean to me, are mean to me! I haven't done anything i barely talk to anyone besides my friends.

I can't really do anything about it because i'm not the teacher and i can't decide who's going to be paired with who. I can only hope that i get someone that's at least not horrible in History. I can only hope.