What Just Happened? (17)

{Emily's POV}

[the next morning]

I woke up the next morning with no head pains at all, it was great. I got out of bed and decided that I wanted to look semi presentable today, I went over to my closet to see what I wanted to wear. I looked through all of my clothes and I finally decided. Since it's fall and football season is just around the corner along with the colorful leaves. I decided on an off-white sweater with a black damask print on it, black skinny jeans, brown combat boots and a maroon scarf. I decided to curl my brown hair into lose curls that helped frame my face. I decided to do a simple makeup look consisting of foundation, concealer, powder, a thin liquid eyeliner, mascara and a light pink lipstick.

I unplugged my phone from where it was charging by my bed and went downstairs for breakfast. Because I decided to look decent today, I was running a little late so I quickly grabbed an iced coffee and a granola bar, grabbed my leather purse and book bag and headed out the door. I totally forgot my keys as I neared my car so I quickly ran back into the house grabbed them and ran back out the door.

I quickly put all of my stuff in the passenger seat of my car and drove off to school. I don't live too far away from school but far enough that I can't walk to school every day. I pulled into the school parking lot and parked in the closest empty spot to the school, grabbed my stuff from the passenger seat and walked into the school building. I don't dress up or try to look decent very often so when I do most people tend to look at me a little differently, mainly the guys.

I got to my locker to find Abby waiting for me, of course. She looked up from her phone and did a double take when she looked at me, it's like she didn't believe that I would look like this just for school.

"Em, what made you decide to look all fancy today?" she questioned, curiosity seeping through her eyes.

"I honestly don't really know, I just sort of felt like it," I told her truthfully but it doesn't seem like she believes me.

"Are you sure that it's not to impress a certain bad boy?" Why does she always bring up this topic, I do not like him and I barely see him as a friend more or less someone I might like.

"There is no way in hell that I would like him," I told her but something felt a little off as I said that.

"Well alright, I'll let it slide only because you look really cute today and I want you to do this more often," gosh what is with this woman?

"Thank you?" that came out more as a question than as a statement.

We both walked our separate ways because we don't see each other much during the morning. Classes seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was lunch. Everyone started to pile into the cafeteria to get their food, I on the other hand went outside the bench that we have started sitting at. I didn't really want to go and get my food but my stomach must have had something else in mind because it started to growl, very loudly might I add. I decided that it was best if I went and got something to eat because I forgot to pack myself some lunch last night before I went to bed.

I walked back into the school so I could get my lunch to finally please my stomach. When I entered it was almost as if the world had stopped and everyone gave their full attention to me, why? I nervously looked around hoping that it wasn't me they were staring at. Luckily it wasn't me they were giving their attention to, it was the one and only Luke Parker. I turned around to find him literally right behind me looking down straight at me.

I started to get a little nervous being under his gaze, so I started to fidget with the end of my sweater. It felt like ages as we were both standing there, neither of us making a move to break the awkward silence that was placed between us. I didn't dare to look back up at him but when I finally did I noticed that he was still staring intently at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him while trying to hide the small blush starting to form on my cheeks.

"Why, is it bothering you?" he smirked.

"W..What? W..why would y..you think that?" I stuttered out.

"Well for one your blushing," he paused while his smirk seemed to keep growing on his face.

"And two...your stuttering" damn you Luke Parker and your ability to make me blush and stutter so easily.

"I was not blushing," I told him as firmly as I possibly could at the moment. My gaze not ever completely meeting his own.

"Whatever you say babygirl," he smirked again. His crystal blue eyes lighting up with mischief.

I started to walk towards the lunch line when I was pulled backwards by someone grabbing my hand and pulling me into a hard and firm chest. I looked up to the person the forcefully pulled me back and again it was Luke himself. Damn, will this guy ever leave me alone?

"What do you want Luke?" I asked not even looking at him but i'm positive he knew I was annoyed just by hearing my voice.

"Damn, babygirl all I wanted to do was tell you something." He told me while looking down at my small figure, well small compared to him.

"Oh and whats that?" I asked him while trying to get out of his firm hold. He smirked and started slowly leaning down towards my ear.

"You look cute today babygirl, you should dress like this more often," He whispered in my ear and walked passed me and out the door.

What the hell just happened?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN// wow, two chapters in one day! You might have seen the title but I am going to be entering my book in the Wattys2016 this year and it would be amazing if all you guys would start to vote on my book so that maybe this book will win!