Mystery Savior? (11)

I love history but today is one of the only days that I am dreading to go to it. History is one of the subjects where the teacher actually likes me.

Most people think that I would be a teachers pet but in all reality most of the teachers at my school don't like me or are annoyed with me. I am one of the only kids in every single one of my classes that always gets straight A's and knows almost all the questions that the teacher asks. But most of the teachers at Westfield don't like it when only one of the students tries to answer to questions.

I left Science and started heading to my locker to get my History textbook along with my folder and notebook. I was about 10 feet away from my locker when I noticed a certain badboy leaning up against my locker, what is it with him and being at my locker? There are plenty of other lockers for him to be at, like his own! He looked up from whatever he was looking at or doing on his phone and met my gaze. Before I got lost in his eyes I quickly looked away. Once I finally reached my locker he spoke up.

"Hey babygirl," he looked so relaxed but I did notice that he had no books or anything in his hands and we both have history in 3 minutes.

"Where are all of you History books?" I questioned while furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why would I need them?" that was more of a rhetorical question because he and I both knew that he pays no attention to what is actually happening in the classroom or what the teacher is saying.

Most of our teachers bust him for not paying attention, but Mr. Martin doesn't really care because it's Luke's own fault if he gets a bad grade or fails.

"Whatever, lets just get to class." I told him while walking away. I really don't want to hang out with him anymore then what I have to.

"Hey now, wait up babygirl!" He called out, he probably just wants to embarrass me.

"Don't wait up!" I called back to him.

I entered History with 30 seconds to spare and I took my seat in the middle of the classroom next to Abby. The bell rang and everybody took their seats, well everybody except for a certain badboy. Mr. Martin was about finished taking attendance when Luke casually walked in and took his seat in the back of the classroom.

"Mr. Parker, how nice of you to join us." Mr. Martin spoke without even looking up from his computer.

"It's always nice when I go anywhere," Luke smarted back with that smirk never trying to leave his face.

Mr. Martin ignored Luke's comment and went on with taking attendance.

"Alright class, today we are going to be starting my annual senior project where I pair a girl and guy together to present a project on whatever they feel like and present it at the end of the year. This is worth about 40% of your final grade." He explained.

Wait, did he say 40% of our final grade? No, this cannot be happening! What if I get paired with a dumb football player!

Some cheerleader raised her perfectly manicured hand, "Will we be choosing our own partners?" she asked while twirling her strawberry blonde hair.

Mr. Martin started naming off the groups, but I never heard my name.

"Abby your partner will be Zane Martinez," Mr. Martin read off his paper.

I looked over at Abby and she was smiling like a mad mad, wow she must actually like him. Wait, there are only two people that Mr. Martin hasn't called off me and...

My thoughts were cut off by Mr. Martin calling my name, "Emily you will be partners with Luke Parker."

NO, this cannot be happening! I'm going to fail, I already know.