Linc? (18)

I walked into Mr. Martin's class a little late because I got caught up at my locker, some jock kept asking me out. The door is close to the back of the class so I quietly slipped in and got into my seat hoping that I went unnoticed. It seemed like everyone was working on their project with their partner except for me, he isn't here. Sometimes I cannot stand Luke, he never takes anything seriously especially school work. I got up from my seat to go and ask Mr. Martin about what I should be doing since we are all working on the group project.

"Mr. Martin, I was wondering about what I should do since Luke isn't here to work on the project with me?" I asked while looking down at the pencils that are placed on his desk.

"Well were are getting a new class member today so you can be paired with him until Mr. Parker decides to show up for class," he told me while going through some of the files he has in his hand.

"If you don't mind me asking, who is the new classmate?" I questioned, Is it a new student all together or is someone just transferring into this class? 

"He is already attending this school but I actually do not know who the new student is," He answered honestly. "Just go back to your seat and wait for him to get here, then you guys may start working on the project," He told me while motioning for me to go back to my seat.

I sat there for about 5 minutes waiting for my new partner to come to class, I really hope it isn't another jock that's going to try and hit on me again. I started to doodle in my notebook, drawing what ever came to my mind. I started to go off into my own little world and I didn't even notice the new student that walked through the door.

"Oh why hello Linc, welcome to History." Mr. Marin greeted.....wait what? Linc is the new classmate, he's my new project partner?

"Hello Mr. Martin how are you?" Linc asked politely with his perfect smile plastered across his face.

"We are working on a group project and I have paired every male with a female partner, it seems that we have one girl who does not have a partner any more. So you guys will be partners until her partner decides to show up, until then you two will work together." Mr. Martin spoke while motioning for me to come up to his desk to greet Linc.

"Hey Linc, I guess we're partners." I spoke shyly, when I looked up all I could see was Linc and a huge smile on his face.

"Great, well lets get started shall we?" he stated as we walked to the farthest table to the back.

"So who was your old partner?" He questioned, he had a strange look in his eyes but I couldn't tell what it meant at the moment.

"Luke, but he hasn't shown up for the last couple of classes so I've just been sitting here doing nothing." I told him while flipping to a random page in our history book.

"Well that sucks," he told me.

"You have no idea, this project is worth a good amount of our final grade so I cannot afford to fail this," I told him truthfully.

"Well, I'm here and I promise that I will not bail on you on this," that's kind of a weird thing to say but alright at least I won't have to worry about him making me fail this assignment. That weird look came back into his eyes and I still couldn't make out what It was supposed to be.

"Well alright then," I told him. "Do you have any idea about what you would want our project to be about?" I asked him, he probably has no idea because he hasn't taking this class yet but you never know.

"What about if we did it on Aphrodite, and everything about her life?" he questioned shyly. That is actually a really good idea, there is a lot about Aphrodite so we could get this project knocked out in no time.

"That is a really good idea Linc," I told him with a huge smile on my face.

"Great, let's get started." He stated and went to go and grab a computer to do some research on her.

Class went by really fast working with Linc, he is a lot of fun and great to be around. We basically joked around the whole class and getting a little bit of work in. I thought that we would get this project done really fast, but it was kind of hard with Linc cracking jokes every 10 seconds.

"Wow class went by really fast," Linc stated. It was like he was always reading my mind, saying things that I was thinking.

"Yeah I was honestly just thinking that," I replied to him while slightly laughing.

"Well you know what they say, time goes by when you're having fun," he is honestly one of the cheesiest people that I have ever met.

"Who are they?" I asked, he always gets nervous and stutters at these types of questions.

"W...well t...they a...a...ctually I don't r...really know" it is honestly one of the funniest things in the world when he gets all nervous and stutters.

I couldn't help but laugh at how nervous he got, it was just too funny. He looked a little confused when he saw me laughing and he then decided to laugh awkwardly which just made me laugh even harder then I was before. He really doesn't know why i'm laughing.

"That is just too funny Linc," I said between laughs.

"Why?" he questioned.

"You are just really funny when you get nervous," I told him truthfully while still trying to calm down from my laughing fit that I had just moments ago.

"Oh um yea? So um I kind of um have a um question for uh you?" he stated yet asked, I tried to hold in my laughter at how funny he is.

"What is it Linc," I was pretty calm now so there wasn't much extra humor in my voice anymore.

"Ummmmm, wouldyougooutonadatewithme?" wait...what?  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN// Cliffhanger!!!!!!! sorry about that but I find much enjoyment in letting you guys hang while I finish the next chapter :)