Date Gone Wrong?! (20)

{Emily's POV}

Friday came faster than I had expected and before I knew it, there was only 1 hour until Linc came to pic me up for our date. Linc refused to tell me where we were going because he insisted on it being a surprise. I'm not really big on surprises but he seemed so excited today in History that I couldn't find it in me to tell him.

Since I didn't know where we were going and the fall air is starting to get cooler I decided on something simple yet cute. I decided on black leggings, an over sized flannel, knee high brown leather boots, and an off white scarf. There wasn't much wind tonight, it was just cooler so I decided to curl my hair into lose curls going away from my face and simple makeup.

I haven't seen much of my dad, usually only in the mornings before I leave for school or late at night before I go to bed. I've been trying to stay out of the house as much as possible and I installed a lock on my door just for extra security.

Luke hasn't been showing up for school either, if I ever see him he's always with his friends in the gallery or in the parking lot either smoking and drinking or getting into fights with some random jocks that challenge them. Or I see him with a different barbie hooked to his side.

Every time I see him with a different girl there seems to be this pain in my chest and I can't figure out why, I mean he minds his own business and I mind mine. We rarely cross paths and when we do he basically pretends that I don't even exists.

My friends are saying that I have been acting different but I don't see how. Abby keeps saying that I looks like I was just broken up with, she says that I'm always sulking. I think that she's seeing or imagining things, I feel and I think that I'm acting normal. I mean yeah I'm a little upset that Luke is acting like I completely don't exist and he wont even give me the time of day, and that he hasn't even bothered to show up to any history classes but he's a badboy...what else do you expect.

I got pulled into a closet by one of Luke's friends on Wednesday, Chase I think. He asked me if anything had happened between Luke and I but I told him that we are barely even friends. He was insisting that something was wrong, he kept telling me that Luke was acting different since him and I started hanging out.

"He's changed Emily, and I think that it's in a good way," Is what he told me. I find that really hard to believe because Luke and I barely even hung out even when we were 'friends.' But I couldn't get his voice out of me head; he's changed. It kept going through my mind 'he's changed Emily.'

A knock on the door made me jump away from my thoughts, it's probably Linc. I checked my phone and it was exactly 6 o'clock, right on time. I opened the door and Linc was standing there in dark denim jeans and a fitted light blue shirt, he looked pretty good if I do say so myself.

"Wow, you look amazing," he told me and his eyes were about ready to fall out of their sockets.

"You don't look to bad yourself," I replied back. The front pieces of my hair falling in front of my face as usual.

"Don't hide behind your hair darlin," He told me while pushing the strands of hair in front of my face behind my ear. A small blush started to form on my cheeks from the gesture but not enough for him to notice.

"Alright, are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied and he took my hand and lead me to his black jeep. He opened the passenger side and once I got in he closed the door and walked to the drivers side. We had been driving for about 20 minutes before I asked.

"So are you going to tell me where we are going?" I asked while looking at the side of his face. He remained focused on the road for a couple of seconds before replying.

"What part of surprise do you not understand?" he chuckled and grabbed my hand in his.

"The part where I don't get to know where we are going, you could be some murder for all I know," I chuckled in response.

"Okay, close your eyes," he told me while the car slowed to a stop. I don't remember seeing any houses or anything before I was told to close my eyes.

"I'm going to get out of the car and lead you but you cannot open your eyes," He told me...wow he really wants this to be a surprise. We had to walk for about a minute or so before he opened a door and lead my in somewhere.

"Is this the place where the killer revels who he truly is and kills me?" he just chuckled in response.

"Okay, now open your eyes." He moved away from me and when I opened my eyes I couldn't believe what I saw. We were in a beautiful restaurant with fairy lights traveling down every pillar and each table had little candles as the light. Soft beautiful music was being played in the background, I had no words.

"Wow" that was all that would come out of my mouth, I was speechless.

"Do you like it?" he questioned. All I could do was shake my head yes.

"Table for 2," Linc told the lady at the counter, she was dressed in a black dress with a rose gold belt and her hair looked like she had just come from a salon.

"Right this way" she lead us to a table in a corner of the restaurant.

"Thank you," Linc told her as she walked away. He pulled a chair out for me to sit in and after I did the pushed me closer to the table and then went over to sit down.

"This place is beautiful Linc, but it must have cost a fortune." I told him while looking at the restaurant. I think that this is the nicest place that I have ever been to. Every part of this place looked like it had been sculpted.

"Actually, my uncle owns the place so not really," he chuckled.

The waitress came back and asked us for our orders and came back 10 minutes later with our food. I had gotten a wrap while Linc got the steak, he let me try some of it and it was really good. We made small talk when we weren't stuffing our faces with the amazing food. We were about half way through our meals when Luke decided to show up with some bimbo from school.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Linc muttered while looking at them through the corner of his eyes.

"I have no idea, do you want to just leave?" I questioned, I really didn't want a fight to start in the restaurant.

"No, I am not going to let that douche bag ruin our date" he snarled. Timing must not be on my side today because right when I looked up from my food I made eye contact with Luke. He seemed surprised that I was here until he looked at who I was with, he looked like he was ready to kill once he saw that I was with Linc. He got up from the table that he was at and he started straight for us.

"Well look what we have here," he stated, glaring at Linc.

"We have Emily and I on a date and you trying to ruin it," Linc stated matter of factly.

"Guys, can we please not fight...not in here," I pleaded to the both of them. They both completely ignored me and continued arguing. I tried to ignore what was going on until Linc.

"How can some poor douche bag like you get into a place like this?" Oh god....somethings going down. Linc didn't even have time to think, Luke punched him right in the gut. Linc stumbled for a second before he regained his balance and went after Luke. They kept attacking each other and the bimbo just sat there and ate her salad.

"Guys just please stop," I pleaded while trying to get them off of each other, but before I could say another word something hard came in contact with my stomach. I fell to the ground and the last thing that I heard was yelling and getting picked up off the ground before everything went black.