CHAPTER 8: It's with Satisfaction

Wouldn't be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long. And wouldn't it be nice to live together. In the kind of world where we belong.
-from the movie 50 first dates
________________________________

CHAPTER 8

Diane's POV

Breath in, breath out.

Looking to myself into the mirror. Charlie got super excited she outdone herself by adding sultry smoky eyeshadow with a hint of golden-brown and nude pink rose lipstick on me. Don't forget the dress,girl! Tight black lace dress with a touch of yellow to it. It covers my body perfectly. It made me look like I'm eager to go out with him which clearly I don't. I called mom earlier so that she'll stopped worrying about why I didn't go home last night.
(Check her outfit on the photo above)

I've been hiding here at the Charlie's washroom for 30 mins or more now. I'm nervous of what will happen later. It's been years since the last blind date Charlie got me to participated. That was her friend in college, a well-known photographer, Greg. The date was nice until his sudden outburst on how his food was not finely cooked. He went crazy as hell complaining to the manager for not doing their job properly. Disastrous i'll tell you.

The heck. I can do this! It's just a date.

A knock on the door distracted my thought.

"Dee, you've been hibernating for an hour now. Are you coming out or I'll bust myself in there?!" Charlie said with her wild spice attitude.

"Chill, Charl. I will not destroy your masterpiece if that's what you're worrying about." I replied. Unlocking the door and coming out the washroom. Not letting her know that i'm nervous as turtle hiding on their shell.

"Stop fidgeting! It's not like he'll eat you alive. I'm sure if he'll ever eat you, it's with satisfaction" Charlie said with a grin. Sitting on the edge of the bed crossing her legs and facing towards me.

"Damn. You're getting greener every passing days, Charl. Is Mave becoming you or it's been you all along?" I said that makes her snort.

"Yeah right. You seem forgetting about how hot your date tonight! If i was in your position i'll give in right away!" She said with enthusiasm

I went to her to slightly punch her left shoulder and said dramatically

"You're crazy. If Mave heard your right now. He'll flipped!"

"Whatever. He's already my fiancé and currently out of town. He can do nothing about it. He loves me." She replied putting her two hands on her chest then slightly hit the side my head

Mave and Charlie been an item for quiet long. They're like cats and dogs. On and off all this years. I didn't expect  she'll settle with him this time. I guess that's love does to you. It covers the ugly side in every part of it blindly. Only seeing the beauty of it.

"Ouch Charl! You're arm is not as light as feather you know" i said grumpy

"You started it. Get your ass out, now! Don't let your greek god date wait for you!" She said pushing me out the room.

"Jeez. Don't be over enthusiastic about it. It's just a one time thing you know" i said walking out her house.

"You never know. He's not like some person i knew." Charlie said following me then before closing front door that made me snort.

"Have fun!" She added

I take a deep breath, brush my sleeves and said to calmed myself

"Here goes nothing"

And went to my car that was parked in front of Charlie's front yard.
___________________________________

MONTE CARLOS

"You look breathtaking, Shortcake" Jacob said with a smile. Showing his two dimples.

He's making me uncomfortable with his pet names again. Jeez

"Thank you. And stop with your pet names. Will you?" I said brushing him off and sitting on the assign seat and table across from him that we've been given.

He just laugh and said

"It's really is you Diane. Feisty as always. I thought you change your mind and left me hanging." Putting the napkin on his lap then drink the glass of water.

"I'm thinking about it but keeping a person waiting is rude. Don't you think?" I replied

He's face was amused at me. Like he never met a quiet person like mine. I look at him checking him out discreetly. I don't want his ego getting any bigger. The magazines was right. Yes that's right. I research something about him. I don't want to go to his lair unprepared. He got this charming aura that makes the woman sway. No wonder his the famous playboy heir.

This is just one time thing. Don't ever be charmed or what so ever Diane. He plays his card well and you'll be another one of his list. It's a trap!

"You never stop amusing me, Beautiful. i'm getting a hang on it." He said staring at my eyes like he's searching for something which led me to look straight at him also. There's something different about his eyes. I can't tell. It's comforting and familiar.

A discreet cough disturb our thoughts.

"Excuse me sir and madam, may i take your order?" A waiter asked

I look at the menu covering my flushed face like i've done something embarrassing. Focusing on the list of food on it. And said calmly

"I would like to have, grilled norwegian salmon medium well with veggies on the side and canesta de pan."

"I take what she's having." He added and still staring at me.

"For the drink?" The waiter asked again

He didn't look at the waiter and still staring at me with his charming smile then wink and said "Bring us your finest wine."

"Right away sir. Your food will be served in a few"

"Staring is rude, Mr. Knight" i told him placing the napkin on my lap.

"I don't mind staring at you whole day" he said showing his two set of dimples and crossing his two arm in from of me.

It made me blushed.
___________________________

End of chapter 8
Unedited
Are you shipping the Jacob-Diane tandem? Who would be the perfect lead to play Jacob? Is it Jamie campbell bower from the mortal instruments: the city of bones,  Lucas Till from x-men first class or Aaron Taylor-Johnson known as quicksilver from avengers: age of ultron.? Pick your bets! XD

I have little preview to you lovelies. Would you believe if they knew each other a long time ago? Something unbelievable happened between them. Can't wait to share it soon!
Thanks as always.

Love,
ShygirlD