CHAPTER 9: What the heck is this?

CHAPTER 9

Diane's POV

I didn't expected the date went well. He 's a real charmer. He makes our conversations funny and real. I didn't quiet believed what i see and heard on the news are opposite of what i experience talking to him. He never once brag of what he've become and stay humble of what he accomplished. Like some guy i knew. Oh snap. Erase! Don't dare compare Diane to who should not be named. Heck did i just quoted a harry potter line? God I'm hopeless!

I put my two hands covering my face then ruffled my hair confusingly while still in bed thinking of what happened last night.

A phone call interrupted my thoughts.

"Good morning, Diane speaking" I said half sleepy

"Miss Salma, my office now. I'll give you 30 mins to prepare and be here as soon as possible or you're fired!" Logan sternly said then drop the call

What the heck just happened? Did the whom should not be named just called? And he wants me to go to his office at 6 in the morning?! And firing me? Who do he think he is?! Like my boss- Okay scratch that part. He is VP of the company now. Goddess! how did it turned out this way?
__________________________________

Logan's POV

I'd just arrived from our successful business transaction in France. I went to my penthouse to get some rest. Located at the top of the building, occupying the top floor. My pad is my personal space. I seldom allowed someone inside; aside from my family and my assistant of course. It's has a bachelor feel to it but with a hint of comfort and masculinity. And the view is breathtaking. City lights, the Buzy streets. The moment i saw the view; I decided to take it right on the spot.

I release the botton of my polo and the slide the cuffs of my sleeves then gone to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. Pouring it in a glass. I heard a foot sleeps back at me.

"the luggage are here, sir. The folders that you need are at your office. This are the file you forgot to sign." Conrad said handling me a piece of folder and a pen.

I put the glass water on the kitchen table top and i said

"Thanks as always. Any update with ms. Salma when i'm gone?" and asked while leaning on the kitchen's counter while check and signing the papers.

"Yes, sir. It's in your office. Anything else, sir?" Conrad said while giving me a pokerface. I know he's hiding something from me or he know something important.

I smile and said " i'll take it from here. You can go home now, Conrad. I'm sure Hailey misses you."

"Thank you sir. She's been bugging me about you all weekend". He said with an hint of smirk that made me laugh.

Hailey is her 6 year old daughter. She's like a sweetheart and my goddaughter. I always visit them in their home just taste his mother's cooking or annoy the little Hailey. I've been pestering Conrad for years when i found out how delicious his mother's cooking was. He may be serious at times but he is a trustworthy guy.

"Say hi from me, will you and your mom too" i replied

"You can count on it" he said then leaving me behind waiving his right hand.