CHAPTER 10: LOGAN's Flashback part 1

Note:
Happy New Year! And i'm back! To celebrate this year, (yep. sorry i'm suuuuuper late! It's just that i'm busy as a bee this couple of weeks plus the holidays. I got caught up) but as promised. the flashbacks! The reason for their never ending battle. Yep. You read it right. i'll be a little bias this time cause I chose Logan first instead of Diane for POV.
Beware though, it's a little melodramatic.

Love, ShygirlD

—————————————————————————

"You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period"
—Christopher Gardner, The Pursuit of Happiness

—————————————————————————

CHAPTER 10

LOGAN's POV

I've been waiting for 2 hours now. I'm waiting for Diane to arrive. We're meeting up here at luxury lounge for international flight in NBS Airport.

"Sir, i would like to inform you that the plane is ready to board. And you have a Skype meeting with the board of directors in an hour." Conrad informed me

"I don't care. Just extend it." I said with authority and checked my watch.

I was going to Paris to manage my father's business. It was his last wish. We had a little argument that made him ill. I never knew he's been keeping a secret of having a heart problem with me and my mom. Mom was devastated of what i've done; she asked me for the sake of my father to manage our business and continue my study there.

–––

I remember that night. I was sitting in waiting area at the hallway at the hospital with my two hands covering my face. Shocked and disappointed of what i did. We fought about going to Paris as a intern to our company and further lived there.  I refused the idea because i told him i want to work with Adrian and got mad at him. He got furious and had an heart attack.

If i only knew what i know today. I didn't argued with him. I felt someone tap my right shoulder.

"Son, can i talked to you in a minute?" My mom asked with a bloodshot eyes from crying.

I looked at her with guilt and i asked

"Y-Yes mom?"

She said " C-Can i asked you a huge favor for the sake of dad's wellness, I-I can't leave you father here alone, he NEEDs me and our business need someone to look after too. I-I know you don't like that idea of living far away from here. Please Logan; for your father sake.I know you never understood your father for the longest time. Take care of his company son. It's his most priceless possession for you to handle it as an only heir. "

I was contemplating of the idea far away here. Far from Diane. I couldn't bare to imagine living there without Diane. That is why we argued with my dad. It's like asking me to give-up living.

I looked her with a sad smile and said " okay, mom. It's a right thing to do"

"Thanks, son." She smile with her tired eyes and hugged me.

But I can compromise.
Why can't i runaway with Diane?

–––

The silence is killing me.  I can only hear the beeping of the electrocardiograph machine and the little drops of IV attached to him.  I never picture my dad in this place. His authoritarian attitude and obnoxious laugh that i hate are long way gone. All i can see now is paleness and stead heartbeats with rise and fall of his breath.

I hold his left hand with my two hands

"D-Dad? Can you hear me?" I said and continue

"I know, i'm not a good son to you for a long time. I-i guess we grow apart all this years. You're busy making your empire. I thought it all that's matters to you. I-I never understood why you're working so hard when all i need is you and mom. You always missed my baseball game, family day and recognition days but you never missed out my birthdays which i always looking forward to—" i smile with tears streaming down my face

"—why i bother to fought with you that night.  I never see the signs why you tried to persuade me to work for you . All along ..it's for my own good. my f-future. I-I'm sorry Dad" i bent my head down to his left hand.

I felt someone's rubbing my back like it's calming me down. I turned around and saw Diane in her pajamas with her messy hair. I would laugh if this is not a serious matter but seeing her here makes my heart melt.

"I rushed here as soon i heard the news. I'm sorry love" she said
All i did was hugged her and cried what i've been suppressing to let it out.

–––

Checking my watch for the fifth time. I heard someone calling my name. I turned to see who is it.

"Logan!" Amanda said with a hurry and approaching to me .

"Madie? Why are you doing here?" I asked her with a worry. Standing for the couch and kiss her cheek as a form of greeting.

Amanda or i usually called her Madie is my cousin from my mother side. She got a long blonde hair with bluish green eyes and a figure like a model that she got from her British father. She's close to Diane too.

"You're mother said you'll be gone for the meantime to manage your company and you didn't even have the balls to tell me, you and Diane are eloping!" She said dramatically. That's Madie for you. A drama queen.

I just rolled my eyes and smile said "God, you're such a drama queen but I'll miss you buddy"  i ruffled her hair like a dog.

She just smiled but didn't reached her eyes. hugged me and said " i''ll missed you too. I'm sorry, Logan. It's for your own good."

I looked at here unknowingly and confused.

She step back and kiss my cheek.

————————————————————————
First Part of flashback. Told you it's melodrama. I got teary-eyed writing the hospital moments. If you
are confused. Just message me for clarifications. Btw this was the flashback of 5 years ago.