Hot Chocolate

Word Count: 674

Type: cute/fluff and ik it's short I wrote it in an hour on my phone.

-

The bitter winter air nipped at Troye's nose. Even beneath his thick hoodie, he shivered.

"You cold?" Connor asked. He turned his head and grinned at Troye, pulling down his grey speckled beanie. He knew it was obvious Troye was freezing. He was practically a sputtering, shaking, snotty mess and just wanted to go home and curl up in front of the fire.

Troye just nodded, his jaw jittering too much to be able to form coherent words.

Connor turned a corner without warning and they were met with a cozy and slightly busy Starbucks. Troye rolled his eyes and Connor giggled, shoving Troye slightly.

"Don't even start about me being such a white girl."

Troye was about to respond but they were already inside the warm café with the sweet smell of coffee and cookies invading his nose.

They walked up to the cashier, who looked extremely tired of her job. She yawned and rubbed her mascara-smeared eyes.

"What can I get you?"

"Two hot chocolates, please." Connor said quickly.

She raised an eyebrow and wrote on two coffee cups.

"Connor." He said before she could ask.

Troye turned to him, smirking a little. "Hot chocolate? Really?"

Connor sighed. "Come on, no one can be too old for hot coco."

Troye rolled my eyes but secretly agreed. "Whatever."

He took both cups, slipping on the cup holders and handed one over to Troye. "This ones for you, Sivan. Extra whipped cream."

Troye blushed and took the cup, hiding his face as he took a sip. "Thanks."

They sat down by the window, Troye already feeling warmer because of the hot coco and how close he was to Connor. Their eyes locked as Connor took a sip of his, and he smiled a little over the cup.

"See? Don't you feel better already?" Connor said raising an eyebrows, because he knew he was right. Troye just rolled his eyes as he took a sip. He didn't admit that hot coco really was the perfect choice. Connor sat closer to Troye, their legs brushing. Troye noticeably shivered, but his cheeks were burning pink.

"Too warm, Troye Boy?" Connor grinned, leaning closer to him so their breaths lingered together in the small space between their lips.

"Mm, only with you," the words slipped from Troye's mouth. He immediately looked down, his cheeks prickling and uncomfortably hot. He suddenly wished they were back outside in the chilly wind and had never stopped to get those silly hot cocos. Connor smiled a little, absentmindedly fiddling with the sleeve of Troye's sweatshirt.

"That's cute," he giggled. Troye looked up, embarrassed.

"What is?"

"You being all flustered and awkward." Connor's words didn't do much else but make Troye even more flustered and awkward. He didn't know how to reply, so he discretely took a long sip of hot coco, which ended up being too much to fit in his tiny mouth. Troye choked, coughing as it dribbled down his chin.

Connor started to giggle, starting off quiet until he was laughing so hard he had to hold his sides to keep himself from falling out of his chair. By this point, Troye was done with his disaster and started to laugh a little. Mostly at himself, really, but it was basically impossible to keep from laughing when Connor was. Connor's eyes were watering as he reached out, still giggling, to trace his finger under Troye's lip to brush away a droplet of hot chocolate. He looked at Troye sweetly, his laughs becoming quieter.

Softly, and so delicately, Connor brushed his lips against Troye's. The kiss made both of them stop laughing and Troye sighed into Connor's lips. They stayed like that for a while as Connor reached up and cupped Troye's face. Troye started to giggle, breaking the kiss. Connor tilted his head in confusion, their noses brushing.

"You taste like hot coco," Troye mumbled into his lips, smiling as he connected them again.

Troye changed his mind: he was glad they stopped to get hot chocolate.