1

Asha

"Kevin watch over my baby please! If anything happens to her I'm going to beat your ass!" We all laughed because my mom hardly ever cursed, but when she did it was either because she was serious or joking around. Although she had a smile on her face I knew she was serious.

Today I was moving into an apartment with my older brother Kevin. He goes to Morehouse and I'm attending Spelman. I'm very excited to finally be leaving North Carolina. It's not extremely far but it's a new scene and new people. "Keep my baby away from those boys at Morehouse" my dad tried to whisper in Kevin's ear. I laughed because he was never good at being discreet. We finished loading up his truck and got on the road. I plugged up my phone to the auxiliary cord and before I could hit play Kevin grabbed my hand. "Don't be playing none of that soft shit, have me over here sleep." I motioned ok with three fingers and put on K Camp. We nodded to his new album and a few other people.

5:15pm

"Sis wake up, we're here!" I felt Kevin pushing on my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes and took in the scenery. It was very pretty. There were college kids all over moving into their apartments. "Stop sight seeing and help me get your shit inside." Kevin was already unpacking the truck and placing the bags on the sidewalk. He handed me the keys to his apartment that he had last year and I struggled to carry what I had. A few steps later I made it to the door. Thank goodness he was on the first floor. I carried two bags on my arm. They started slipping as I was putting the key in the lock. They fell down and I went with them. "Ah let me help you with that!" I heard a deep voice say. I looked up to a tall, darkskin guy with pearly white teeth. He was kind of cute. He stuck his hand out to help me up, but of course Kevin had to ruin it. "Nah she good bruh. Move along now!" I rolled my eyes as he picked me up. "Kevin!!" He laughed as the guy stood there looking confused. "So this ya boyfriend or something?" Kevin gave him a smirk and went into the apartment. "No he's my brother" and before I could finish my sentence I was being pulled into the apartment. "That nigga ain't no good. Now unpack your stuff while I bring in the rest. Your room is off to the left.

I walked in and saw how spacious it was. I had plenty of room to set up how I wanted. I started by making my bed up then hanging my curtains over my window. I was sweating from doing that little bit of work. Kevin placed bag six out of six in front of my door and went outside to get his stuff. I bet he's lucky we bought a bed and set that up before we moved in. I plugged in my iPhone 6 to the dock and blasted some trap music while I finished setting my room up. I was beyond excited to be out on my own.

Kevin

Asha is excited to be away from our parents, particularly mom. I was the same way when I first moved to college, but I won't let her make the same mistakes I made. My baby sister will not become one of these fast ass, hoe ass girls that every guy smashed. I have to put her on game because she's a little naive.

"Asha come here!" I screamed. I didn't have to yell too loud though. Our rooms weren't that far apart. "What?" She said with an attitude. "Girl don't get slapped. How you like it?" She smiled from ear to ear. "I love it so far. Kind of bummed we moved late and classes start tomorrow." I shook my head because the same thing happened my freshman year. Now I'm a junior and know most of the tricks. I don't have any Monday classes and only one Friday class, but my Tuesday's and Thursday's are slammed. "That sucks kid. Well it's only 8 now so we can go grab some food before it gets too late." She looked down at her growling stomach and agreed. I grabbed my keys and headed to Mr. Everything Cafe. They have some really good food. I ordered my usual and Aasha got yellow rice with chicken and shrimp. From the way she stuffed her mouth full of food it was delicious.

"Aye I'm not trying to be overbearing like mama but seriously don't trust every guy you meet aite." She looked up from stuffing her face and nodded. "I'd hate to beat a nigga's ass ya feel me?" She laughed and wiped her mouth. "Ready to go?" She replied yes, grabbing her bag.

8:45

I was tired from all the moving so I decided to take a shower and call it a night. I gave Asha a goodnight hug and told her don't stay up too late. She promised me she wouldn't and we went our separate ways to our room.