7

Alex

We were all sitting around talking in the living room when Shay's phone rang. "Hello?" She spoke into the phone with a questioning voice. "Mmhm..and..ok..ill be there when I can" she said before hanging up. She looked around the apartment for something. "Um Shay what's wrong?" Sha asked her wondering what had her so flustered. "Uh...my best friend needs me. I have to go get her." Sha furrowed her eyebrows and gave her the side eye. Best friend? She questioned as if she didn't believe her. "Yes best friend. She's a stud. Not particularly my type." I think we all heard and felt the irritation in her voice. "I'll be back when I can" she said before walking out the door.

Shay

My best friend is always in something. She got caught fucking a married woman and now the husband is after her. I quickly hopped on the bus and paid my fair. I had three stops before I got to where she was. I honestly don't even know what she's doing here in Atlanta. She lives in fuckin Florida for goodness sake. I roll my eyes and slump down in my seat. I can't wait to hear this.

20 minutes later

I finally make it to my stop, outside of a 7 eleven. She's standing on the side of the building with her book bag and headphones on her head. I walked up to her and hit her arm. She jumped, but when she noticed it was me she gave me a warm smile. I didn't smile back though. She is always in something and always brings me into the middle. "Bring your ass on before the bus leaves us." She rolled her eyes sensing my irritation and headed towards the bus. She sat in the front and I sat in the back. I didn't even want to talk to her right now. Like honestly how do you get caught up with a married woman. Are your standards that low?

What seemed like a long hour plus ride back was only a little over twenty minutes. I stepped off the bus with Ty right behind me. I knew that she wasn't going to agree to sit in my dorm room so I texted Aasha.

Me: hey...your mom still there?

Babe 😍👭: No...

I knew she was mad, but I didn't have time nor did I feel like arguing with her. I took Ty back to her apartment and told her don't come out of the room. She gave me a stale face, but obeyed my order. Aasha's mom would be back any moment now...didn't need her questioning anything else in her life.

2 hours later

It's almost 5:30pm and Aasha's parents are about to head back to the hotel. They've spend majority of the day with her and Kevin. Everything was going well until Ty makes her grand entrance. She sashays out the room in her sports bra and joggers. Shay's mom turns angrier by the second. "Who the fuck is that dyke?" Now the whole room is filled with tension and animosity. "Excuse me? What the fuck you call me?" Ty hates to be labeled let alone called out of her name. All hell was about to break loose.

"Mom please don't!" Aasha pleaded with her. She ignored her request and added fuel to the fire. "Please don't do what? Is this how you're spending your free time? Around these dykes wishing they were men?" I was personally insulted because I was far from trying to be a man. I am well aware that I am a woman and bleed every month. "Listen here you stupid bitch..." Ty began but I cut her off. "Shut up Ty. None of this would be happening if you had listened and stayed your ass in the room." Aasha looked on confused as hell like she wanted to cry. "Tell me something Aasha, who is this girl? Huh?" This was the question that her mom had been wanting to ask since she stepped foot in the door. She knew from the jump that I wasn't just a friend.

Aasha shrugged her shoulders lost for words. "Honey let's not do this now! We can talk about this another time." She brushed him off as she stared at Aasha waiting for an answer. "She's a friend mom damn. What do you want me to say?" Her mom stepped to her, now standing toe to toe, face to face. "Do you play me for some kind of idiot?" She asked as her hand went crashing across her face. Aasha grabbed her flaming hot cheek with her hand, stunned that her mom did such a thing. "I don't want anything to do with you. WE don't want anything to do with you." She said pointing to herself, her husband and sons. "Speak for yourself mom" Alex said interjecting. Kevin nodded his head and agreed with Alex. "Yea. She's my sister and I don't care who she decides to love. She's blood and nothing will change that." She sucked her lips disappointed in Kevin's answer. She looked at her husband hoping he would side with her. He shook his head no informing her he wasn't going to abandon his only daughter. "Fine! To hell with all of you. I'm ready to go home" she said storming out of the door. Alex gave Aasha one last hug before he walked out too. "I'm sorry baby girl. I'll handle her tonight" her dad said as he kissed her on the forehead. Tears began forming in her eyes as she watched them walk out of her life, temporarily.

Once they were gone I tried consoling Aasha but she pushed me back, slapping me in the face. "This is all your fault. You didn't have to bring her here. You have a dorm room with NO FUCKIN ROOMMATE" she yelled. I quickly grabbed my stuff and told Ty to do the same. "I'm fuckin out bruh. Gone slap me like you're crazy. Lucky I didn't beat your ass." Ary stepped to me right before I walked out the door. "If you so much as look at her the wrong way again I'll beat your fuckin ass. Don't try me hoe!" I rolled my eyes and flashed both of them the middle finger. They have me fucked up to the max. "And you call me crazy?" Ty asked laughing as we walked across the street. I was so over her dumb, in the closet, don't know how to fuck ass.