19

Adira

Today was the day that we were going to see Alex. I've missed him so much and it's only been a few days. We feel terrible about their parents so we got them a card and some flowers.

"Dee you ready?" I looked over at her and asked. She had a huge smile on her face as she buckled up. "You know it. Light bright here we come." I let out a chuckle and started the car. I reached down for my aux cord but Dee already had, plugging it in her phone. All she listened to was trap music. My head was going to be spinning by the time we made it to Georgia.

After about twenty minutes of listening to Dee rap horribly to her playlist I turned the music down so we could talk. "Dee?" I said getting her attention. She looked at me with confusion because she was really into the song. "Yes?" She had an attitude now and it was hilarious. "Do you think Alex is going to give me some any time soon?" Her whole body language changed. She cut the music all the way down to the point where we couldn't hear it. "Girl I already told you it's something going on with that boy. Y'all have been together for seven months and he hasn't tried it once." I laughed at the tone of her voice. I wasn't too pressed about the issue because he did give me head on the regular and it is amazing.

"I think he's still a virgin. He hasn't come right out and said it but that's what I think."

Dee's eyes got big. "A fine lil light skin like that...a virgin? Girl bye. Something ain't right. Either his stroke game weak or his dick is little."

I laughed harder than I probably should have. Ive seen him through his boxers before and he's no where near little so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm debating on whether to ask him or just leave it alone and let it happen. I turned the music up and returned to my thoughts.

****

"AD wake up!" I heard Dee say. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that we were in front of a nice apartment building. "I think we're here." I glanced over at her and questioned "you think? Don't have us walking up to the wrong door." She rolled her eyes and got out. I picked up my phone to text Alex but he was already walking out. A huge smile came across my face. I ran up to him so fast and gave him the biggest hug. "Ahh..babe you're hurting me. Remember my ribs are still broken." I jerked away and covered my mouth. "I'm so sorry. I forgot all about that." He laughed and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "It's ok. Let's go inside." He intertwined his fingers in mine and led us inside.

When we walked in his brother was on the couch cuddled up with some girl and his sister was in her room I guess because she wasn't around. They both turned around and gave us a blank expression. "Kev this is Adira my girlfriend and Devasha my best friend. Dee waved shyly and I just smiled. "Aw Alex she's beautiful. Take her things to your room" the girl said. We followed behind him and when I walked in I was so surprised. It looked just like the one back home in North Carolina.

"So Alex do you like it so far?" He shrugged his shoulders to Dee's question. "I don't know yet. I mean I spent like three or so days in the hospital. I got out on Tuesday, we had a private memorial for our parents that same day then we came to Georgia. We cremated them because it was the cheapest thing to do." I could see his eyes watering up so I pulled him into me and stroked his head. He broke down and cried in my chest. I didn't stop him because I knew he needed to let it out.

"It's gone be aite nigga. You still got your brother and sister and you got us."

He wiped his face and nodded at Dee. A smile quickly formed and he was back to his old self. He laid on my chest as we watched tv. I could feel myself falling asleep and instead of fighting it I closed my eyes and drifted off.