Part 8- "No, I want you to stay."

Running down the hallway, bumping into strangers, I found my eyes wandering. Only looking for Adil. The day went on, he didn't seem to be at school.
In religion he wasn't in his normal spot.
"Miss Chobani." (a/n: yes that is a yogurt)
Mr. Harrison called out. I lifted my head towards him. "I wanted to let you know the project that you and Adil are I working on is due in two days." He said.
I bit my lip. I had his number but I didn't want to interrupt him if he was sick. I can't get a bad grade though dammit. "Ah okay thanks." I smiled and he walked off.  I took out my phone.
Me: Our project is due tomorrow.
I texted him and waited all day for a reply. Nothing. Stress filled me because I didn't really WANT to contact him... I didn't know if he was sick or.. Some weird family thing. I decided to wait until the next day to see if he arrived. Luckily, he was there.. But he acted strange.
"Adil! Didn't you get my text?" I asked. He turned to me and looked down.
    "Okay... I'm sorry should I tell Mr. Harrison that we aren't working? You don't talk to me.." I sighed frustrated.
"I apologize." He murmured. "Do you want me to just leave you alone?" I asked.
"No, I want you to stay. It's just... My life isn't meant for a person like you." Adil told me with honesty.
"So? I'm not really a part of your life.. This is just a school project." I told him.   "I know. But I want you to be a part of my life. I don't want it to be just a school project." He confessed. "Then?! I'm confused cause I don't know why your life isn't 'meant' for me..." I let out. "It's because you're not Muslim!" He said forcefully. I took a few steps back.
"You don't belong with people like me." His eyes darkened. That's when I knew I was in too deep.