Part 17- You werent supposed to be in this.

As I ate my tofu, Adil's  jokes made me the loudest person in the restaurant.  I tried to quiet down, I realized I was drawing attention.
  I had never been on a real date with him. As he looked into my eyes, his lips formed into a smile.
"You make me happy Bianca." He told me. My face went red as I grinned. "You make me happy too." I gushed.
"I want to apologize for how our relationship started out. Finding out that someone is a terrorist is a big deal." He said in a quieter voice. "And I don't think anyone else would've stuck with me like you did."  I smiled even more at his words. "I care about you. I'm not just going to leave. Even when you have a hard past. If I'm really important to you, I won't leave." I told him honestly, and he set his hand on top of mine on the table. The restaurant was fancy as hell. Gorgeous lights hung from the ceiling, candles and violins. Some men entering the building caught my attention. About four or five of them, in mostly black. Black suits and ties, very fancy. They were seated a few tables away from us. I didn't know if they recognized Adil but they kept eying him down for about 20 minutes, which made me uncomfortable. "Are you alright love?" Adil looked at me worriedly.
"Umm.. Those men over there have been staring at you." I said quietly. He turned his head and saw what I was talking about. His eyes met mine again and I felt his body tensing. No emotion showed in his face but he started to get antsy in his seat.
"What's going on?" I whispered. "They look like Official American troops." He responded.
"How can you even tell?!" I whispered.
"I've been in many wars. I know what they look like, how they act, and what they wear. One thing is for sure though, Official American troops are always armed."

     "Adil.. Should we leave? How could they even recognize you? You always wear one of those ninja thingies." I giggled at the end. He didn't laugh, or smile.
   He looked down and, suddenly, stood up. I stood up also, and all the men at the table made their eye contacts with us.  One man pulled out a walky talky.  "Let's go." I whispered. He signed the bill and took my hand. Two men from the table, who were around their 20s, stood up quickly and pulled out a small gun. The whole restaurant gasped and Adils grip on mine tightened as he tried pulling me out of the building. "Hey!" A soldier yelled. Some older woman started shouting, "It's the boy from the news!" The man started firing and people in the restaurant screamed. Adil suddenly released my hand and yelled out in pain. "Adil!" I screamed and shoved him out the door quickly. He got back up and started pulling me, running speed. The men of the table had started chasing us down the street and I had never been this scared.  We ran and ran and ran, I had no idea where we were. After about 20 minutes of sprinting, we stopped by this small drug store. "We lost them." I panted. "Are you okay?" He asked in exasperation.   "Yes yes I'm fine, w-what happened?" I asked grabbing his hand, which had a small pointy thing in it. Blood dripped from the tac-looking pointy thing the gun had released.
"It's okay." He breathed.
"Okay?! What is it going to do?" I asked.
"I don't know. Let's go back to your home. You will be safe there." He wrapped his good arm around my waist. My whole body was hurting from running, but my heart was hurting from this life.