Part 16- We didnt know what they knew.

I figured my parents might let him stay the night. The school was destroyed, his family was leaving.. We really didn't have a choice.
"Mom?" I called. She came into the room suspiciously. "Yeah?"
"I was wondering if Adil could stay at ours for a little bit, until he found somewhere to stay." I told her. She pressed her lips together. "Only if you sleep in the guest room." She advised. "Yes of course." Adil smiled.
"May I ask you something Mrs. Chobani?" Adil had quite some manners that I hadn't really noticed. Him being a gentleman was so ironic. My mother tilted her head.
"May I take your daughter out on a date tonight?" He asked. Mom grinned.  "Where will you be taking her?" I knew that my mom was starting to like Adil. She always wanted someone classy for me. And, you might be thinking, how on earth can my parents forgive this past-terrorist so easily? Well, if I had regular parents that wouldn't be the case. But, half of my family was in the mafia. Shocking, I know. When you're from Greece it's kinda the norm. I guess Adil kind of caught on.
"I am not sure yet. I do not know many nice restaurants around here. Maybe if you could direct me to one..." Adil didn't seem nervous around her at all.
"Well there's a place called Vito's. You guys could go there." She suggested. Adil turned to me and smiled. "But you aren't going out like that. Bianca, give him some of Francesco's clothes." Mom wanted me to give him my older brothers clothes.  I dug through some stuff and found a white tshirt with jeans. "Here." I tossed them to Adil.
   As we headed out, my mother kissed my forehead and waved us goodbye. It's not like I'm going off to college lol.
    Adil and I walked, since it was a neighboring restaurant.
Little did we know what the rest of the world knew.
My mothers pov
I sighed and sat on the couch. "Babe can you bring me some coffee?" I called out to Äros. My lovely husband came out soon enough with two coffee cups in his hand as he sat next to me on the couch. I turned on the tv and subconsciously went through some magazines.  "It was sited yesterday on Brooklyn Road at Etahad High School. A terrorist attack left 399 dead and 12 injured.
Police reports have found snap shots of one terrorist without a mask." I overheard and looked up to see Adil and Bianca. Adils hijab wasn't on, showing a clear site of his face.
"If you see this man or any resembles, please call 911 immediately."
My coffee shattered on the floor.