Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to my old friend @Jahnnx3 who was such a fan of my stories that she inspired me to write all of them and now she's back on Wattpad. Oh my god I missed you so much!!!

PLEASE NOTE:

Ada is Jellal's first wife,
whose daughter is Nadiya,
Jellal's daughter is named after Jellal's first love, a concubine named Nadiya.

Ruh is Jellal's second wife.

Jellal's POV:

Incompetent.

Incompetent was something that a man should never feel. Leave men, incompetency is something that no one should feel. Or made to feel.

It was every thing that he felt tight now. Incompetent. He wanted to rip the hairs out of his head. Being an Emperor was maddening. His people refused pay taxes, as if it was their silent revolt against him as an Emperor. He could sense his ministers cooping a mutiny.

And his new bride was confusing him. The mystery of his brother's death was still a mystery. Some would say it was unjust to place doubts on her without some solid proof. .

She was like a ticking bomb. She would burst off any moment she was let loose. Marrying her was a mistake. But not marrying her would've been an even bigger mistake.

Atleast, now he had leverage. Her father, the King of Ajabgarh wouldn't dare to attack him because of his daughter and his allies will hold off too.

He stopped his stream of thoughts. A loud buzzing argument was going on in the court where he was currently seated. His head was gnawing in pain.

"Everybody keep quiet." He said calmly.

They all chose to ignore him. It was as if he was crowned just because they needed someone to just fill the throne.

Jellal was a patient person but now under the cruel pressures of life, he was losing it. He slipped away from the courtroom and stepped outside the courtyard.

Guards didn't seem to bow before him. He wasn't respected as an Emperor should be. And that was a huge blow to his ego.

He walked to the harem where he thought his daughter would be. As he entered, what he saw nearly crushed him. Two semi naked bodies on the bed. Blood coursed through his veins like hot lava. His heart itself felt like a huge block of coal.

"Ada!" He roared at his first wife.

What happened next was nothing he expected. Instead of being embarrassed her face held a bashful expression. The man had scurried away from the side lines. She made an lazy attempt to cover herself and yawned.

"What were you doing? You vile woman!" He hissed out.

"It's not what it looks like!" She said nonchalantly.

"Disgusting! You will be punished for this!" He warned her.

"Oh my! I'm so scared. What will you do?" She said walking upto him and standing right in front of him. "What will you do, Jellal? See? I'm right here in front of you!"

He glared at her in anger. He breathed, his chest heaving up and down. He curled his palms into fists to control himself from slapping this woman right in front him.

She cackled. She cackled and she wiped away that invisible tear. "See? You will do nothing Jellal, you never do anything. You're a pathetic excuse of a Emperor and more of a pathetic excuse of a man. You were always like this. Even ten years back, you were weak and unworthy, maybe that's why that whore that you loved ran away too. Maybe even she knew how incompetent you are!"