Chapter 26

A/N: READ THE FIRST BOOK. I'm serious! The reason why you guys hate Jellal is because you guys don't know Jellal from the first book so yeah read it.

***

    "So I took this hammer and just hit my foot with it." Ruh said moaning.

"Ayy, why would you do that?" Ada said cringing at her story.

"I am clueless as to why I did that! I just wanted him to stay. Stay for once. For him to just look at me."

Ada just sighed. It was as if looking at her younger self. It was as if history was repeating itself.

"Please, do not get angry at me for this. Don't you think you're selfish?" Ada questioned her.

"Ada? Did you just ask me that?" She asked shocked. "I've waited for him for so long. My heart aches for him every single minute. I've been suffering for over a year and you call me selfish?"

"A year? You're making this fuss about a year? How about a decade? How about ten years? That is how long Jellal waited for Nadiya. That is how long he suffered! I have informed you this, Jellal and Nadiya are not your usual couple. They're soul mates. They've been through a lot worse. And the only thing holding him back from her is you!"

Ruh's eyes filled up with tears, "Are you telling me, Ada Begum, that just because Nadiya got to him first, I have no right to love him?" Her voice cracked.

"No. You have every right to love him. Just don't pressurise him in loving you too. It's not worth it. It's like seeing in a mirror. I forced Jellal to be with me, I mended circumstances so he could be with only me and it ruined him and me. Do you understand?"

She went to hug her,

"Love him with all your heart but set him free... He deserves it..."

***

Jellal flinched at the expensive persian vase thrown to the ground. "What did you say?" She screeched.

"It is just for a while... I need an heir..." He tried to calm her down.

"Jellal..." Her lips trembled. He sighed. He hated this. He hated making women cry.

"Nadiya? Please do not cry. You know I hate it when women cry..." He consoled her. For some reason, it seemed to work. She wiped away her tears furiously and walked towards the door. He tried following her but she turned around and ordered him,

"Do not follow me Jellal! Leave me alone for sometime."

Jellal sighed. Was ruling kingdom was not difficult enough that he had to deal with this too? He expected Nadiya to understand. But she had changed or so he thought. The Nadiya he knew would never get angry at something like this. Yet here she was, with fire in her eyes, fire that almost scared him, it seemed like it would burn down anyone who would be in between them. He didn't even know, if the Nadiya he came to love and the one here were the same woman or not.

***

When the night fell, the guard announced his second wife. He told then to let her in. His palms were clammy as if he were a teenage boy. It'll be fine, he told himself. He picked the glass of wind and downed it to the last drop expecting it to help with his nerves.

He heard the door creaking ajar and then being shut. Her scent surrounded the room as soon as she entered. Jasmine, he concluded. Her anklets chimed, he assumed she walked in but the chiming had stopped.

He turned around and the air knocked out of his lungs. It was as if time had reverted back to a decade. He had to blink twice to assure himself that he wasn't hallucinating.