Chapter 38

Okay chapters from now on will include,

Jellal's POV only.

So happy reading!

***

  2 months later...

"What hell rubbish is this?" He barked at the guards in front of him. All of them had their heads lowered, half in shame and half in fear. "How did she just disappear?!"

He looked at the letters in front of him. One was from Ada confirming she and his daughter had reached Persia and Ruh was not with them. Another from Salim who still failed to find her.

He toppled in his chair and let his head drop in in his palms. "Out. Get out." He said dejected. He heard their retreating foot steps. Slumping down further his eyes sought to the wine flask. Temptation sought him but he was too sad to drink.

Next morning he craned his neck which had cramped. His shoulders were stiff and his back hurt due to the wooden chair poking him in places. His eyes burned like they were on fire. He wondered to himself how he had come to this situation?

"Your majesty, Lord Salim is back..." A servant entered inside his room and said.

"Where is he now?" He asked anxiously.

"His study, your majesty."

Jellal jumped out from his chair caring not for his aching body. He rushed to his study with a hazy mind. He barged inside his doors and locked it behind. The first thing that overwhelmed him was the smell. He wanted to vomit from the smell but his empty stomach had null to empty.

"Come here fast!" Salim's green eyes showed worry.

"I found this dead body on the road to Ajmer in the woods." He sighed pointing to a decaying dead body.

His stomach turned from the sight and he his throat burned. Covering his nose tightly he went near it.

"So? What are you saying?" He faked casual speech. The clothes on the corpse seemed very familiar. He had seen them so often. A long flared skirt with embroidery in the end, a satin blouse and a duppata in a complementary colour. He dared not go near the corpse, it's face was rotten, moths crawling out of it.

"It's Ruh." He said pointing to the rose embedded ring on its finger and a peacock designed necklace on its neck.

"Say it's not her. It can't be her." His voice wavered.

"I don't know Jellal, I'm on each leg in two boats on this one. We should go to her chambers Jellal. I only can come to a conclusion then." He looked at his brother pitifully.

They entered her chambers. It was dark since the windows were all shut. His eyes roamed the empty room. Cobwebs covered the wall and dust had covered every surface. He avoided coming inside the chambers since it always reminded him of her. Even her fragrance had left the room. It was as if she never existed.

"I want you to tell me everything that happened the day before Ada, Queen Ruh and the princess left the palace, Jellal."

"What? I don't think I remember in pure detail..." He said to Salim.

"I don't want pure detail. Just tell the jest of it."