Chapter 28

Chapter 28

     Jellal's POV:

  "Shah mat." She said grinning ear to ear moving her queen and knocked down my king.

"How?" I stared at the chess pieces in shock. "This is unbelievable." I said awestruck. No one beat me in chess until now. She did without breaking a sweat.

"Now now, don't back out from the deal. You lost. Come here." She said mischievously tapping her cheek.

"Fine. You've won, again." I placed a kiss on her cheek which I dragged longer than I expected.

"I feel compromised." I said giddily. The hardest thing to do in this entire world was to resist a woman who wants you. She tried very hard and was very apt on seducing me. She put efforts on her looks as if she wasn't pretty enough. Her hair was styles differently everyday, out of which I liked it only when it was open. She had let her hair free one day, said she had washed it that day and it took time to dry. And it was smooth and smelled like heaven.

By smells I remember, she also dabs on this jasmine perfume which made me giddy the moment she walked inside the room. I also noticed her eyes which were the darkest brown, like the wet ground after first rain. And when she laughed, she didn't shy like other women, who shyly covered their mouths. She laughed aloud, such that the whole palace was echoing with her laugh. She laughed like the the free soul she was.

  She adored anklets much more than she did bangles. And she wore them all the time even while sleeping unlike bangles and other ornaments she removed while sleeping. She lost things often like a pearl from her waist chain and then searched the next day for it.

   She had the sweetest voice. She quite loved singing lullabies to Diya. She loved children like they were a piece of her soul. Which was why I understood her need for having children as soon as she could, she would be a lovely mother.

I broke out of my thoughts to see her fuming. "Still nothing!" She fumed. I laughed. She got mad after her innocent seductions failed on me.

"Why aren't you attracted to me?" She fussed with her hair, her cheeks stained red with displeasure.

"I never said I wasn't." I casually leaned back on the bed.

"You never show it." She said and walked towards the table and picked up a book. She slid beside me flipping the pages. I curiously leaned over her shoulder to see what book she had taken interest on since so many days.

  "Here."She pointed her index finger to the start of a paragraph. She tipped the book towards me. I read from where she pointed, "She smiled devilishly as her plan had throughly worked. Well, she knew men were weak in mind and her husband proved to be the finest specimen of them. Now she could see the fire in his eyes that wanted to burn her whole."

I was taken aback. What kind of book was this? I continued read, "The same fire burned in her bosom and his loins..." I read it again not believing I had just just read that.

"What in the hell!" I said panicking and clutched the book out of her hands and read further. My eyes were as wide as further there was detailed love making for about six pages. Six pages! I looked at the title. Passionate Embers.

"What-Why are you reading this?" I was too shocked to form coherent sentences.

She was taken aback by my reaction. "Why Shehnshah? Am I not allowed to read?"