Chapter 21

A/N: Vote And Comment!!!!!!

***

  She didn't know what time of the night it was or where she was. But the room seemed eerily quiet. It was dark. She couldn't see anything. She snapped her eyes shut. She hated darkness.

She felt a hand eerily creeping up her legs. She hated this feeling. "Aah!" She screamed and turned to slam straight into someone's chest. That freaked her out even more.

"W-what? What is going on?" He said fully alert. He looked down to her cuddled against his chest, shivering.

"Ruh?" He called his voice deep and husky. "Are you okay?"

"I'm scared..." She sniffed.

"Maybe I should light the candles.."

"Don't leave, please." She tugged at his tunic tightly.

"Okay...okay... I won't. I'll be right here." He said trying to calm her down.  He wound his arms around her and combed her hair trying to calm her down.

"What if he comes back?" She mumbled.

"He won't. I'm here, I'll protect you, hmm?" He ushered her. Who 'He' she was scared of he had no idea.

"Promise, Jellal?" She said in the exact same tone. He stiffened.

"I'll be always here to protect you. I'll do everything in my power to not let anyone treat you like a concubine." He said hugging her.

"Promise, Jellal?" A fifteen year old Nadiya asked him.

"I promise."

He asked her, "What did you say?" But heard no reply. She had fallen asleep again. His hand under her was already starting to go numb but he resisted it.

He rested his chin on her head and patted on her back with a rhythm. Soon sleep over took him too.

***

Ruh woke up the way she used to. The squawking of the parrot woke her up. Until and unless she was awake fully she didn't realise she was bound against something. She looked down to see an arm around her waist.

She struggled against it trying to remove it. She turned around and placed it beside him with caution. She looked at him sleeping deeply. His eye lashes were brushing his cheeks. The space between his eyebrows were crinkled, making it seem like he was frowning. His hair was spalyed all over the pillow. He looked breath taking.

At once her heart was beating at a quicker pace. "Hmm.." He groaned. She quickly shut her eyes and tried to pace her breathing. Her heart was beating so loud, she doubted if he heard it too.

She felt his arm snake around her waist. Her stomach had butterflies all over. Blood rushed to her cheeks in an instant. It felt warm and cozy. Suddenly he pulled her closer.

"Oh!" She yelped as she slammed onto his torso. She mentally slapped herself. Now he knew she was awake. She opened one eye at a time. Her breath hitched in. He looked down at her with an amused smile on his face.

The sunlight from the windows made him seem divine. "So you were awake..." His voice was all husky and deep. Ruh looked down only to find his tunic undone and her view, his torso. She blushed deeper. At once she hid her face inside the blanket.