Chapter 31

"We say, it should be removed. And anyone who rebukes it will be branded as an traitor!" His voice boomed inside the court.

Everyone bowed to him obeying him. He felt relieved to know he had at least an inch of fear in their minds. He dismissed the court. It was a lovely day. The sun shined through the clouds. It hadn't rained the whole day. He smiled as an idea popped into his head.

  "What are you doing here?" She asked amused at him.

"It is a lovely day, isn't it?" He asked her grinning. "Let's go hunting." He said to her.

"Hunting? I don't find killing animals appropriate. You can go if you want to, Your Majesty."

"I want to spend the day with you. Hunting was a mere suggestion."

"Hmph.." She sat beside him. "I do want to get out of the palace but I don't know any places in Agra." She said.

He kept quiet for a minute thinking. "Let's go on a boat ride?" He asked her.

"I've never been on a boat!" She said excitedly. "Then you'll love it." He said and kissed her forehead and left the room to make arrangements.

***

I felt joyful. I immediately left my room to visit Ada. Strangely, she hadn't visited me in a week.

"I'm going on a boat ride with him!" I said entering her chambers.

"Good for you! At least someone is having a good time." She said her voice laced with irritation.

"What's wrong? You look upset and you haven't left this room since a week." I asked with concern.

"The moment, I step out of this room, he is there, with his tall stature and his dark green eyes and his unshaven jaw! Argh!" She stomped her feet in annoyance.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Who else? The devil who rose from the dead!"

"Ohh. Do you fancy him?" I asked curiously, sitting down on a settee.

"That is absolutely ridiculous. I am a mother of one!" She screeched. I just looked at her shocked. Ada was one of those persons, whom nothing could faze them. And here she was irritated by her brother - in - law. She wasn't clear on how they both knew each other or what went down between them.

"Ada...I can tell you're distressed but but not the reason behind it. Just do what your heart says." I said and left her to be on her own.

***

  Jellal felt thrilled by the idea of being on waters with her. He held out his hand for her and she took it a little scared. It all showed on her face. She wore her heart on her sleeve. Inspite of holding his hand she still stumbled onto him.

  "Careful." He panicked holder her waist.

"I am fine!" She said all flushed. He grinned and let go of her.

He signalled the peddlar to start peddle. The boat cut through waters swiftly and slowly. He sat opposite of her explaining her the regions that fell on banks of Yamuna. Yamuna was a pretty river. It had abundant ecological life. It was late afternoon, yet the breeze was pleasant and serene.

  She nodded and took it all in. He could see the eagerness in her eyes. "I like this." She paused and frowned thinking then her eyebrows unknotted and her face lit up. "Adventure. I like this adventure."