Chapter 6

Gemma's POV

I was having fun and more importantly, I was getting on with Brian's friends, that was important to me because they were all so close.
"So Gemma, what do you do?" Zack asked me.
"I'm a school teacher." I explained. "Middle School."
He smiled and nodded. "Nice. What about your friend?"
"Isla, oh she's a nurse."
"Ha I wouldn't picture her as nurse." Matt said walking over and butting in.
"Yeah well." I said glancing around, looking for her. "She is."
I wondered where she was? She went to the bathroom a while ago.
"Did Brian tell you about the weekend away?" Zack asked and Matt elbowed him in the ribs.
"Yes he did." They were planning a weekend down the coast.
"Are you coming?" He asked.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, a weekend of this, drink, girls, I wasn't sure if I would cope. "I'm not sure."
"Not sure of what?" Brian asked joining us.
"I asked Gemma if she was coming away with us." Zack told him.
"I hope so." Brian said, putting his arm around me and pulling me close.
"I'll think about it." But I highly doubted I would be going. "Have you seen Isla?" I asked him.
He shook his head. "Nope."
"Here she comes." Zack said and I looked over to see her walking out of the house.
"You okay?" I asked her when she reached us, she looked flushed, my guess was too much tequila.
"Oh yeah I'm fine." She said smiling. "What's happening?"
"We're currently trying to talk Gem into coming away with us." Brian told her.
"Oh, where are you going?" She asked.
"Down to La Jolla for the weekend, leaving on Thursday." Zack told her.
Bless Isla, she must have seen the look on my face.
"You have to work don't you Gem?"
"Oh yeah I do." I said looking at Brian. "Sorry."
He sighed. "That sucks."
"You could come." Matt suddenly said, looking at Isla.
"Oh yeah, nah, I'm busy."
I tried not to smile because I knew for a fact that she had the weekend off, she'd already complained to me that she had nothing to do.
"Oh okay, anyway who wants a drink?" Matt asked, sure he wasn't getting anywhere with Isla but there were at least five other girls here salivating over him.
"Yeah." Brian said. "I'll get us something." He said to me, kissing me lightly.
Matt made a puking noise and walked off. Zack and Brian followed.
Isla looked at me. "What was that about?"
"Ugh." I groaned. "They're nice guys, but a weekend of this." I told her, indicating to the half naked women. "I don't think I'd cope."
"Yeah I understand."
"And you're busy?" I asked her laughing.
"Shut up, I wouldn't go."
"Matt asked you."
"Matt is not my type, so please no more."
I let up on her then, she did have a point, Matt wasn't her type and even if he did like her, I was pretty sure it was only so he could get a quick fuck.
"Okay no more."
"Thank you."
So for the rest of the night I didn't mention him again and even he must have gotten the message because he wasn't hitting on her constantly anymore.
It was a late night and around 2am Isla came to me.
"I'm drunk, I've called a taxi and I'm going home."
"Alright, I'll walk you out the front." I was staying here for the night.
Isla thanked Brian and said bye to the other's and I walked her out the front.
"Thanks for coming." I said hugging her.
"Oh it's fine, I had a great time anyway."
"Good." I saw her taxi approaching. "I'll call you tomorrow."
"Yes." She said winking. "Please do."
The taxi pulled up and she opened the door to get in.
"Isla." Matt said, suddenly appearing. "I'll see you soon."
"Not fucking likely." She told him, shutting the door with a smirk on her face.
I glanced at Matt, he was smirking too.
"Did I miss something?" I asked him as the taxi left.
"Nope not a thing." And he walked back inside.
I shrugged and followed him, I was ready for bed and after all the alcohol I'd had I was more than a little horny.
I didn't have to ask Brian twice and as usual he gave me a fabulous fucking before we both passed out.