C.20

March 26, 2015

Music Inspiration
Blackbear- Laid Out
Little Mix- I Love You

Liam could tell before boarding their flight at Heathrow how uneasy he looked. His shoulders slumped, stretching his neck every so often was a dead giveaway on how stressed his friend was. Harry's natural behavior way more lively, it was unusual seeing him this quiet. Even inviting him out to do something fun, but despite hearing that he continued to swipe back and forth through his phone. Their car coming to a stop at the red light, again Liam looks over.

"Are you listening to me?"

"What?". Harry keeps his attention down, typing.

"I said the hotel we booked, they have this lounge area nearby. Just opened up. It be nice to do something while we're down here for a change"

"Can't, work"

"Our meetings aren't until tomorrow"

"I know but I got a lot of prep to do". Sliding his fingers through his hair, he gives a weak smile. "You go. Have fun for the both of us"

"Well how about a drink then? They have a bar downstairs"

"Actually Li I've been thinking about cutting back on the drinking ". He mentions. "I need to be focused this weekend. And I'm suppose to meet Claudia for the final touches. I just, I don't have the time"

"So what? You plan on staying in your room this whole time we're down here". Liam questions. And Harry squirms in his seat. His phone vibrating with a message from Nadia. "What are you doing over there?"

"Emails...."

"Bullshit, you're looking at her page, aren't you?". Liam leans over. "I thought we both decided....."

"Mind your business". He rolls his eyes. "And I'm not. It's Nadia, she keeps texting"

"Oh, ok. Well next time we come up maybe we should bring them along?"

"Maybe"

The car ride unsettling. This was the first time Liam's ever felt uncomfortable around his best friend. Sitting in silence all the way to the hotel. Harry could see how distant he was being. And how bad it had gotten once they had landed in New York. But he needed space. And though he appreciated the way his friend was hovering it was also slightly suffocating. So he sits in his room alone, tapping his phone against his knee making a horrible decision. Sarcastically laughing at a picture of her next to a suitcase. He scoffs, changing to leave.

Shirt damp with sweat covering it, Harry pushes hair from his face. Fist continuously hitting the punching bag again that he doesn't notice the gym becoming empty until there's an echoing silence around him. His hand tightly taped, he circles around the boxing bag, throwing another punch. Swiftly catching it as it swings back.

"This is where you've been? I've been looking everywhere for you". Liam jolts back. His hands catching the bag this time. "For fuck sakes! Watch how hard you punch that thing. That could've been my face!"

"My fault". His brows furrowed, breathing uneven, Harry maneuvers around the bag. Using his collar to wipe across his mouth "When you'd get down here?"

"Just a second ago. I've been calling you....."

"Can you let it go now?". Nonchalantly Harry waves his hand for the bag to be released again, wiping under his chin. And Liam steps back.