Room 413

August 14 , 2013

Music Inspiration
The Weeknd - What You Need

The bright lights of the hotel restaurant caused Harry to rub the corners of his eyes. If he had to describe his day, it was entirely too long and too exhausting. But he knew from the beginning expanding his company to another state would be strenuous, even with the help of his long time best friend and business partner Liam right beside him. But with these long hours he endures of meetings to conference calls, it left him earlier with a pounding headache. So he figured a good meal would cure it. And it did, somewhat.

Sitting alone by the window, he listens to the faint noise of people conversing. To the soft sounds of classical music playing in the corner of the room. Exhaling another breath before dropping his fork onto his plate and grabbing his glass of bourbon. The taste strong, but not bothering him as he wipes across his mouth. Leaning back to call the waitress for his bill, he stops, glancing across the room. Because five tables away, she sat alone. Brown skin, curls flowing pass her shoulders. He had wondered for a second how he hadn't seen her before, but then he finally notices the chair faced in front with a drink adjacent to hers. So he waits, patiently. Observing her as if she was a rose amongst wilting flowers.

And within seconds of him staring she looks up unexpectedly, smiling back as her pen scribbles around on her notepad. That he clears his throat from being caught. But as Harry looks over at his waitress coming forward with his bill, her guest returns. And in the amount of time it takes for him to pull out his card to pay, her guest was leaving. Finishing the rest of his drink before departing with a hand shake. And so he figures, with a gesture like that they couldn't possibly be anything more than associates. Giving him the courage he knows he has, he gets up. Slowly passing through each table fixing the collar of his suit jacket, adjusting his tie and brushing his hair behind his ear. And just as he stands in front of the empty seat, silent. She looks up.

"Yes". Casually she glances up before looking around to his empty table. "Can I help you?"

"Me?"

"Well you're the only one standing here so....."

"I am, aren't I". Awkwardly he laughs. "I know this is unexpected but, can I maybe buy you a drink?". Harry's so cliche that even he has to silently curse himself for being so blundering.

"You wanna buy me a drink?". Direct, her attention completely off her notes. And Harry figures instead of acting like a teenager he needs to man up and show his full potential of wit and charm. "Why?".

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to buy me a drink?"

"Uh, honestly". He smiles, looking around the room. "I think you are very beautiful. But besides that I also couldn't help but to notice that yours is almost gone so.....". He waits. "I'm Harry. Do you have a name? Or do I just call you...."

"Katherine". Slowly she licks across her lips. "It's Katherine. And though the compliment was nice before you actually buy that drink, I have to tell you that I have a fiancé. So whatever ulterior motive you thought you had". She pushes her pen in between the crease of her notepad closing it.

The word 'fiancé' so simple, so non-meaningful to him. But he couldn't deny the twist in his ego once it comes out of her mouth. His plans really weren't to destroy a happy relationship but this would've been so much easier if she was single.

"I don't have any motives. All I want is to buy you a drink. Honest".

"And that's it?"

"That's it. So, is it gonna be champagne again?". He points to her glass. "Or would you like something a little more strong...."