Room 717

January 26, 2014

Music Inspiration
Alina Baraz ft. Khalid - Electric
Sia - Salted Wounds
The Spencer Lee Band - The Wolf

Body dripping of water, carefully Katherine combs her fingers through her hair, untangling strands. Every so often remembering Harry's offer for dinner, she finally agreed that seeing him one more time wasn't going to affect anything between them. A thought that hasn't left her since yesterday night. But the sound of her fiancé, Adam, moving around in their bedroom distracts her. Until light knocks are heard from the other side of the door. And before she could answer a cold draft of air comes in.

"Hey, can we talk?". He leans his back against the sink beside her. Arms crossed over one another, watching a comb slide through her hair.

"What about?"

"The other night". He sighs, focusing on her wipe fog off the mirror before grabbing the blow dryer . "You know when you left here angry. And didn't come back til almost eleven"

"It was like 10:30"

"Fine, it was 10:30". Adam doesn't argue. "But you did leave angry. And that text message you sent. About how I don't do anything"

"I didn't say that"

"You did"

"No I didn't". She nods. "If you really wanna get technical I said that when I ask you to do things, important things. Things that you know are top priority you somehow forget them. The things I need just slips your mind so easily. That's what I said".

"Ok. So explain then. As in what? How long have you been feeling this way, a couple days now, a few weeks ?"

"Try months, I've been feeling this way for months"

"Months?"

"The important things I need for you to do for me are erased. Vanished, out of thought. And somewhere in the corner of your mind, hanging out with your friends has become more important"

She sighs, frustrated at the conversation happening even though she knew it was going to eventually. Stubborn she turns on the switch letting cool air blow through her hair.

"Like what? Give me a example". He questions only to get ignored. "Kat, like what? Kat!?". Frustrated Adam reaches up, snatching the cord out of the outlet. "I said like what?"

"Are we seriously gonna do this right now?

"Yes, please! Tell me these times where I erased you from my thoughts"

"Ok". She sighs with shrug. "I had this super important meeting a few months ago, remember that?". She stares. "It was around the time maintenance needed to come fix the sinks. There was problems in a few of the apartments"

"Yea"

"And I asked if you could come home early to switch with me because I had to catch the train to get the office by a certain time"

"Yeah"

"And do you remember what happened? Let's refresh those memories. You and your friends decided day drinking on a Tuesday afternoon was more important than me trying to start my career. And I couldn't reach you for hours. I got noticed by one of the top publishing companies in New York, they wanted to work with me and they never give beginner authors the time of day. But instead I missed it. And you know what I did after I missed it, I took care of an intoxicated idiot who threw up in the brand new sink, I might add, as soon as he walked through the door"

"Ok, I see....."

"Ohh oh, I'm not finished". She points. "Do you remember that other time when Julia told you that she was throwing a party for me to celebrate finally getting this book deal? A deal I worked my ass for"