C.29

July 10, 2015

Music Inspirations
The Boxer Rebellion - New York
Rhys Lewis - No Right To Love You (Acoustic)
Anderson East - Say Anything

"Are you sure what you're doing is a good idea?". Liam questions over the phone, concerned with his best friend. Because he really wasn't thinking logical at all right now. And it was no use talking him out of this, though he was trying.

"You got a better idea?". Patiently Harry waits for the elevator doors to open pushing the up bottom twice. Irritated, until he notices the staircase just around the corner. "I've called her at least ten times and nothing. Not even a text back"

"Doesn't that sound familiar?"

"Not right now Liam"

"I'm just saying, maybe she's giving you a dose of your own medicine. You know after you went all MIA on her"

"Not right now Liam". Angry, he repeats. This time with a pinch of attitude in his voice.

"Did you at least try her job first?"

"That was the first place I went, yes". He admits looking up the stairwell. "Apparently she took off for the week"

Slightly out of breath from skipping over steps, Harry pauses on the fourth floor.

"And you honestly think going to her apartment is the smart thing to do?"

"Where else am I suppose to go? It's not like we have a spot or something. I have no idea where her mother lives or her sister"

"I'm just saying. The last time you told me you two talked she was working it out with Adam. Going to her apartment really isn't going to make this situation better Harry"

"She's not working it out with him"

"How would you know that?"

"Because she's not, Liam, ok. She's just not".  He sighs, stopping again. This time faced with the number six engraved on the door. Exhaling a heavy breath Harry stands and thinks of what he'll say to her once she sees him. "I know her. She can't be working it out with him"

"Maybe you should call her again. She might pick up this time"

"She's not answering my calls". Slowly Harry paces down the hall, looking towards each door. In slight panic as one of them opens, he sighs a breath to himself when he sees it was just an older couple walking out. And he doesn't deny how nerve racking this situation is. His heart beating uncontrollably loud in his chest, that he feels like it hurts. So he rubs his chest.

"Are you there yet?"

"Yea". He sighs, staring at her door.

"Well do something". Liam urges. And he softly knocks three times. Fingers pushed through his hair to straighten his appearance, he takes a step back. "What's happening?"

"She hasn't come out yet"

"Do you know what you're gonna say?"

"I was hoping it'll all come to me once we see each other". He knocks again.

"Maybe shes not home"

"It's four in the afternoon. Where else could she......". He stops. Annoyed and confused, rolling his eyes. Breathing a chuckle once the door finally opens all the way. A figure he wasn't planning on confronting but indeed was ready too. "You've got to be fucking with me right now". He whispers.

"What, what happened? What's happening? Is that her?"

"I'll call you back Li".

"Wait!". He shouts and Harry immediately ends the call. Staring deep into Adam eyes. And it's quiet, both of them looking at each other with immense anger.